ASL UHC-Signature
Apr 16, 2002 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

darkclouds

Particular about his Sméagol Grammar we thinks he is.
I'm thinking about purchasing an ASL Universal Headphone Converter to go with the AQ1005DTI. Initially, I had thought the price would be under $100 or there about, from the reviews here.

The actual retail price is $139 + $16 for shipping. Simply put, I was wondering if this would be worth it.

I'd like to have any insights or thoughts on this product.

Apr 17, 2002 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 6
Hmm... not a single peep out of anyone on this.

In anycase, I've just spoke to Tash on the phone and placed an order for a unit. Apparently the unit will look different from the one reviewed here on headfi. The spring loaded clips are replaced with 5 way gold plated binding posts.

I'll give a short impression on how well the unit works once it arrive next week.

Apr 17, 2002 at 9:56 PM Post #3 of 6
Well... I remember this item (I think?) being at the first Dallas meet, but I don't believe that I ever got a chance to listen to it. You might want to try to contact Flumpus about this because I think he spent some time listening to his system with it. Anyway, good luck
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2002 at 2:55 AM Post #4 of 6
I just wanted everyone to know that I want to know the answer to this, too. I am dying to try this with my Manley Stingray.

Apr 18, 2002 at 2:58 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by darkclouds
I'm thinking about purchasing an ASL Universal Headphone Converter to go with the AQ1005DTI. Initially, I had thought the price would be under $100 or there about, from the reviews here.

The actual retail price is $139 + $16 for shipping. Simply put, I was wondering if this would be worth it.

I'd like to have any insights or thoughts on this product.

We have upgrade the speakers post and chassis to better material. It increase the cost and price go up a little !

Apr 18, 2002 at 6:50 AM Post #6 of 6
I've posted Joseph Grado's speaker output to headphone adapter schematic in the DIY forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back