Asking for a recomendation
Feb 25, 2006 at 9:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TerraEpon

New Head-Fier
Ok, well this seems like a very busy and friendly forum, so I figure I'd give it a shot...

I need new headphones sometime soon. I've been using AIWA X223 phones (now discontinued, and can't even find em on eBay) for the last, oh, probably four and half years or so, so suffice it to say I'm VERY used to how they feel (and sound of course).

Now, I have these on pretty constantly, many days for 14+ hours. I listen to classical as well as soundtracks of all kinds (which means quite a number of genres), both on the computer and with a discman.

I guess I might be willing to spend up to $100 or so.

I was looking into the 5.1 phones (for the sake of some SACDs, DVDAs, etc) but everyone here says they suck so I guess that's out.

Any kind soul want to tackle some recommendations?

Thanks.

-Joshua

Feb 25, 2006 at 9:47 PM Post #2 of 4
Good with classical + comfortable seems to indicate Sennheiser HD 555. They're usually available for around $100-$130. If that's above your budget, the HD 497 or EH 350 are excellent sub-$100 headphones for this use.

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TerraEpon
Well I decided to go with the 555s ($120 shipped on Amazon, not TOO bad), based on the glowing reviews about it being good for classical....

-Joshua

Good choice! Hope you enjoy it
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back