Asked to fix Beats studios
Feb 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Brian Abington

New Head-Fier
My mother in law to be brought me a pair of beats studios that some of her friends bought or their kid.

They bought them "new" from china and out of the box the right driver is super quiet and the left driver has what sounds like a loud ground loop hum.

New batteries...problem still persists.

Anybody have any experience with fixing this issue? (besides a trash compactor)

I am thinking about opening things up and checking all the connections, to see if it is some sort of ground issue.

I thought at first they may be fakes but the battery cover has the dre signature and serial #

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 13
Too bad you cant get the warranty since it comes from china. I hope a beats user gives you assistance on this. 

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 13
Have you tried calling the factory? Maybe they can share some insight that you didn't know about. Or maybe they will work with you. Guess it couldnt hurt to try, the worst they could say is nope can't help you. At which point you haven't really lost anything except time.

Feb 8, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #5 of 13
they are fakes. My gut was telling me they were and about a dozen youtube videos just confirmed it.
gs1000.gif

Feb 9, 2013 at 3:29 AM Post #7 of 13
You could always hack out the noise cancelling circuit and connect directly to the drivers. 

Jun 23, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #12 of 13
Open it up and see if you have any broken connections or cables touching each other.

Or put in some replacement drivers from any headphone you can find, at least they will work.

Jun 23, 2013 at 1:58 PM Post #13 of 13
just jam some porta pro drivers into the cans and bypass the circuit. Sound isn't as important nowadays
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back