[ask] Ultrasone HFI680 w/ Govibe Magnum or HD25-1-II?
May 16, 2011 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

bigheadhifi

100+ Head-Fier
okay here is the case... I have an Ultrasone HFI680 and I liked it, until my dad bought me a cheap and low quality headphone. That cheap headphone in terms of audio quality is absolutely inferior to the HFI680, but there are some aspects in the initial sound character of this headphone that I love.. these headphone sounds forward, thick mids and sweet vocal, and the most importantly good emphasis and extension on the treble (bright lover :)), basicly very engaging and musical, which I cant get from my HFI680 (neutral).

I was thinking to purchase an amp that can help my ultrasone to sound 'better' or at least suits me, which is the govibe magnum, that can boost the mid-low freq range vocal in particular, as the hfi 680 already has descent highs and treble, but then, a headphone catches my eyes, the HD25 1 II. from some of the reviews Ive read, HD25 1 II sounds a bit analytical, but FORWARD sounding and better mids and lows than my HFI680, which appears to be very bland and hollow at those department, basicly the HD25 1 II is more engaging adn musical than my HFI680.

so after the long story and introduction, what I wanted to ask is.. some opinions..  whether amping the uls HFI680 with govibe magnum would help it to 'reach' my requirements or not? or would it be better if i go for the HD25 1 II instead?

thanks for your attention guys, I really appreciate it.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back