ASIO4All Explanation
Feb 28, 2008 at 5:51 PM Post #286 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by tha_dude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, I'm trying to use the native Creative ASIO driver on my X-Fi to a USB DAC. However, the DAC doesn't show up as a device channel when I try to edit the settings in foobar.

If I try ASIO4ALL then the DAC shows up. Anyone know how to get the Creative ASIO driver to recognize the DAC?

Thanks

That's not possible ... since, all native drivers are card specific.

jiitee

Feb 28, 2008 at 7:29 PM Post #287 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not possible ... since, all native drivers are card specific.

jiitee

Thanks for clearing that up. The first post mentions that if our card supports ASIO then we don't need ASIO4ALL. I've installed the foobar asio output to the components directory but am not sure how to configure the output in foobar to go through the DAC. Trying to add a new device doesn't list the DAC. Any help would be appreciated.

Feb 28, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #288 of 479
Quote:

Thanks for clearing that up. The first post mentions that if our card supports ASIO then we don't need ASIO4ALL. I've installed the foobar asio output to the components directory but am not sure how to configure the output in foobar to go through the DAC. Trying to add a new device doesn't list the DAC. Any help would be appreciated.

It shouldn't list the DAC. It should list the soundcard. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Feb 28, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #289 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It shouldn't list the DAC. It should list the soundcard. Or am I misunderstanding something here?

EnOYiN, I'm pretty sure it did list the soundcard (at work right now so can't check), but when playing files I got no sound which led me to believe that the soundcard was doing all of the decoding and not the DAC.

Feb 29, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #290 of 479
Thank you for the Tutorial op !!

Feb 29, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #291 of 479
Just how much of a difference is there in sound quality when using ASIO4ALL as opposed to the soundcard's ASIO drivers? So far, the only way i can get music through my usb dac is with ASIO4ALL. But I'd like to use my SoundBlaster X-Fi's ASIO drivers instead. Any X-Fi owners or non-ASIO4ALL people here that might be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:18 AM Post #292 of 479
Quote:

Just how much of a difference is there in sound quality when using ASIO4ALL as opposed to the soundcard's ASIO drivers? So far, the only way i can get music through my usb dac is with ASIO4ALL. But I'd like to use my SoundBlaster X-Fi's ASIO drivers instead. Any X-Fi owners or non-ASIO4ALL people here that might be able to help me out?

Thanks in advance

I doubt the differences between the native ASIO and ASIO4All are actually audible. They are subtle between DS and any method of ASIO.

I haven't got an X-Fi myself so I'm afraid I can't help you any further.
frown.gif

Maybe you should start a new thread to get some more replies. Good luck.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manny Calavera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you for the Tutorial op !!

Thanks. You are welcome.

Feb 29, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #293 of 479
Quote:

I doubt the differences between the native ASIO and ASIO4All are actually audible. They are subtle between DS and any method of ASIO.

I haven't got an X-Fi myself so I'm afraid I can't help you any further.
frown.gif

Maybe you should start a new thread to get some more replies. Good luck.

thanks for your input, I'll do that. also, nice job on the asio4all guide

Mar 2, 2008 at 8:52 PM Post #295 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by jung /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any way to enable ASIO in WMP?

Or, how to change my following internet radio links for WMA to play in foobar?
http://radiobit.50webs.com/

If you can download a Foobar PLS file, which is no more than a textfile called pls really, you can use Foobar for internet radio.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Example PLS file
[playlist]
NumberOfEntries=1
File1=http://shoutcast.omroep.nl:8114/

Mar 2, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #296 of 479
Quote:

If your DAC is plugged to the computer via USB, and you are listening to the computer through the DAC, then you aren't using your other sound card for anything whatsoever. To run sound through the other sound card into the DAC, you would have to run a cable from the sound card's digital output to the DAC's digital input.

That would be fairly pointless for just listening to music. But if you are gaming through your DAC and you have an X-fi sitting there doing nothing, that would be quite a shame.

Mar 3, 2008 at 7:46 AM Post #297 of 479
I installed asio4all and it killed my volume. I have to max out the vol. on my little dot MK 1 on a gain setting of 8 to get a decent listening level from my Senn EH150's. I originally thought it was my amp. I uninstalled asio4all and now my amp is giving my plenty of vol. at 12 o clock and gain setting of 2. My setup consist of the following
foobar+keces 151+LD MK1.

Im still waiting on my Little Dot MKIII and Denon D2000 to get here later this week thus why Im using the MK1 for now. I would really like to take advantage of asio, but would like to know what I was doing wrong or if its still OS related and I should switch to ASIO-USB.

Mar 3, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #298 of 479
Quote:

Yeah, it's supposed to work just as well with mp3s or any other lossy file as long as your audio application can decode the format.

I finally got foobar2000, and AISO playback works without a hitch on Mp3 as well as Flacs. I guess Winamp is just stupid sometimes

now i just have to get foobar2000 setup and working like i want it to (Similar to Winamp if i can)

Mar 4, 2008 at 7:56 AM Post #299 of 479
Quote:

Originally Posted by STONER1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I installed asio4all and it killed my volume. I have to max out the vol. on my little dot MK 1 on a gain setting of 8 to get a decent listening level from my Senn EH150's. I originally thought it was my amp. I uninstalled asio4all and now my amp is giving my plenty of vol. at 12 o clock and gain setting of 2. My setup consist of the following
foobar+keces 151+LD MK1.

Im still waiting on my Little Dot MKIII and Denon D2000 to get here later this week thus why Im using the MK1 for now. I would really like to take advantage of asio, but would like to know what I was doing wrong or if its still OS related and I should switch to ASIO-USB.

There must be some kind of volume slider in Windows somewhere which isn't maxed. I can't think of anything else to be honest.

Mar 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM Post #300 of 479
Quote:

If you can download a Foobar PLS file, which is no more than a textfile called pls really, you can use Foobar for internet radio.

Actually I should not change the links. Otherwise those who do not use foobar won't be able to play in WMP.

So is there a way to setup foobar to play the WMA internet radio links?
http://radiobit.50webs.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back