ASIO for Windows Media Player !
Nov 21, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 25
No available ASIO device pops up in the menu.

Kernel Streaming in Winamp still works, though.

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Logistics /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Winamp Kernel Streaming ftw!

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #4 of 25
great working with m-audio revo asio

wmpasio.jpg

Nov 22, 2008 at 6:07 AM Post #5 of 25
Yes, it's working "well" (though couple freezes happened) w/ E-MU 0404 UAB and Audigy 2 (needs to use Asio4All for 44.1kHz Audio since there's no SRC plug-in for WMP that I know) as well .

There is a setup guide bundled w/ the install. Just follow it then everything should work perfectly.

jiitee

Nov 22, 2008 at 7:54 AM Post #8 of 25
Looks like this is still a bit unstable plug-in (even it says v3.1 ... hey!! it's v4.0 now (updated today)).

With native ASIO driver/supported SR it works on most cases for audio and movie formats but some media formats gets the CPU spike quite heavily -> freezes or not.

Quote:

? ?

Are you trying to use it w/ some other software but Windows Media Player?

Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
WMP eww....

GO FOOBAR!!!

Hmmm.. isn't that for audio only?

jiitee

Nov 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #9 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are you trying to use it w/ some other software but Windows Media Player?

No, I am not. This plug-in did not allow me to use my on-board sound for ASIO. And I have no use for ASIO4ALL.

Nov 23, 2008 at 12:33 AM Post #10 of 25
This is probably a bit off-topic, but does anyone also have experience with Creative ASIO? Up until now I've been using ASIO4All, but switched to Creative because I just noticed it as an option and decided to give it a try. Since its a Creative soundcard, I figured this might have the best compatibility?

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #12 of 25
Quote:

No, I am not. This plug-in did not allow me to use my on-board sound for ASIO. And I have no use for ASIO4ALL.

If there are native ASIO driver available for your on-board sound then, you just need to be sure that the sample-rate of your audio/video material is equal with the SRs the on-board sound chip/ASIO supports. Otherwise you just hear nothing.

If there aren't ASIO driver available then your only choices are those wrappers (asio4all, asio2ks, asiox, are there more ?...).

jiitee

Nov 23, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurotetsu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is probably a bit off-topic, but does anyone also have experience with Creative ASIO? Up until now I've been using ASIO4All, but switched to Creative because I just noticed it as an option and decided to give it a try. Since its a Creative soundcard, I figured this might have the best compatibility?

Creative ASIO works much better on both, playback and recording, than Asio4All.

ATM (v4.0), it looks like with this WMP ASIO plug-in, you be able to play only material @ sample-rates which the native ASIO supports. This means just that if you have some older Creative's ASIO compatible card then, 48kHz and maybe 96kHz are the only sample-rates you can use (it's silence otherwise). In your case there shouldn't be this issue since original X-Fi cards do support more sample-rates w/ ASIO.

jiitee

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:51 AM Post #14 of 25
Ok tried it, does sound cleaner but the SOUND IS DELAYED. The characters from the movie just move the mouth and the words come out latter, all accident or mute for few second and then comes the sound. This is waste of time, I definitely can't enjoy this. Yet usually KMplayer is my basic video player.

Nov 23, 2008 at 11:25 AM Post #15 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by XSAlliN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok tried it, does sound cleaner but the SOUND IS DELAYED. The characters from the movie just move the mouth and the words come out latter, all accident or mute for few second and then comes the sound. This is waste of time, I definitely can't enjoy this. Yet usually KMplayer is my basic video player.

tongue_smile.gif

Do you know term "latency"?
You can set it through ASIO Control Panel. If you set it to 2 - 10 ms there shouldn't be any noticeable delay ... if you get audible issues w/ low latency settings then I guess ~20 ms latency setting wouldn't be bad either.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back