Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #2,930 of 2,994
How about some retro, city-pop?

I like cinematography of retro japanese movies with unsaturated dulled colors looking like documentaries. She should have made teh whole music video with this cinematography.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2020 at 2:24 PM Post #2,931 of 2,994
More retro style, retro style kpop. Looks very low production without anything done on the performers with low quality filming. lol I think this is kpop retro. It just seems more fun than the high production stuff today. Modern kpop seems too stiff and serious.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #2,936 of 2,994
Modern kpop seems too stiff and serious.

These are serious times. And the music reflects that... as it should imho. Just my 2c fwiw.

I hear what you are sayin though.

Nov 8, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #2,937 of 2,994
mas retro
Fo sho. Much retro. Korean Trot, which is derived from Japanese Enka music. Both cultures shared the same music taste for this style, and I think both cultures genreally shared similar tastes up to the 1990-2000s, and then Kpop changed all that. Modern kpop has no likeness to Japanese music. Modern kpop is result of embracing American music with development of their own style over the years. I think early development of kpop was much imitation of American music, and also Japanese.

Japanese Enka is pretty much Korean Trot. If we look at certain 90's music picks in Japanese and Korean, there are similar melodies that were often used.

I heard this one was popular with Japanese audience? I know there's some relationship Japanese Enka.

I found this cover interesting. It's odd that somebody outside culture would appreciate such an old-timer's music. Because the music is so different from anything western audiences are used to. Because further back you go with music culture, it becomes more and more foreign from outside cultures, but also more culturally original and relavent (because music hasn't been modified to be acceptable globally).

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #2,940 of 2,994
Japanese sounds so melodius. There's no aggressiveness to the pronunciations, and general sounds pleasant. In certain cases, this works extremely well, but in certain cases like hip-hop, the pronunciation doesn't work so well.

I don't understand a thing, but the sound seems to transition so smoothly. lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back