Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Mar 13, 2021 at 11:22 AM Post #2,977 of 2,994
I consider these times k-pop golden times, the 90's. This is probably the times when k-pop first started to take a radical departure from the conservative times (I always wonder if the presidency change had an effect), and very unique times that came up with lots of experimental outcomes. No formula learned from past, but just pure experimentations when putting out music. It's a transition stage I believe. Usually these times are the most fun.

This modern kpop artist tried to captured the music of those times, and it's obvious she knows the sound from those times.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #2,979 of 2,994
This is a great song from nowadays but with fantastic 80s feeling, Yajico Girl - FIVE:

I don't participate much here because the overwhelming amount of music is kpop which i don't care for at all. Maybe i should. Been listening to japanese music for over 20 years now. Can anyone remember S.E.S.? A korean girl group which also had some releases in japan by a japanese production team behind it. It was funny to compare their korean releases vs the japanese ones but for my taste the japanese productions where much superior in song writing. The korean wrote some horrible cheesy songs and i stayed away from that genre since then. Even more so with todays worldwide success of korean music i'm in doubt.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #2,982 of 2,994
This is a great song from nowadays but with fantastic 80s feeling, Yajico Girl - FIVE:

I don't participate much here because the overwhelming amount of music is kpop which i don't care for at all. Maybe i should. Been listening to japanese music for over 20 years now. Can anyone remember S.E.S.? A korean girl group which also had some releases in japan by a japanese production team behind it. It was funny to compare their korean releases vs the japanese ones but for my taste the japanese productions where much superior in song writing. The korean wrote some horrible cheesy songs and i stayed away from that genre since then. Even more so with todays worldwide success of korean music i'm in doubt.

I can understand that. I'm a huge fan of older Japanese groups like The Brilliant Green and Every Little Thing. Also like Namie Amuro. One recent group I do like is Polkadot Stingray.

Mar 14, 2021 at 1:59 PM Post #2,983 of 2,994
I can understand that. I'm a huge fan of older Japanese groups like The Brilliant Green and Every Little Thing. Also like Namie Amuro. One recent group I do like is Polkadot Stingray.

The Brilliant Green were absolutely fantastic and ELT too. Also My Little Lover had such a great production, songwriting and unique sound, makes me wonder which music decade i missed when listening to them :D There were many others from the time which i liked but sadly i can't listem to them anymore because i heard every song and album to death. Same happened last year when i discovered Rei Yasuda, binge listened to her album "Re:l" again and again and now i have enough for a good while, probably forever.

Another absolute favourite artist of mine is Salyu:

Mar 23, 2021 at 11:57 PM Post #2,985 of 2,994
Wow, had no idea this was originally Japanese track. It's interesting how the color is so different no matter how old the song is. The color just totally changes with different vocal characteristics.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back