Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Jun 24, 2020 at 4:37 PM Post #2,891 of 2,994
Best explanation of History of the development of what we all recognize as KPOP. I've seen another video by some Billboard columnist, and her's didn't explain jack, all she showed was that she was just another fan girl, but did not have the depth of knowledge on the causations of the changes in the KPOP music industry through the times.

There will be a lot of crappy youtube fan boys/girls explaining things, but I wouldn't take them seriously. I'd look at this if wanting to know the causes.

Basically, the modern KPOP is result of trying to cater to the outside the South Korean market, and it evolved to the way it is currently. So, it's a reflection of appeal of outside audiences, and effort to take the larger international market. It's a very corporate industry. In reality, art and corporations do not work. I feel that in order to keep it as art, art should be result of uniqueness of culture, not from corporations.

I do wish she went in more in depth into the dictatorship era, and how that had effect on the music arts.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2020 at 12:09 AM Post #2,895 of 2,994
It's interesting to see the most prolific song writers for different companies. Besides the obvious JYP, YG-Teddy, SM-Kenzie These producers made most of the tracks in the company. These are the more modern producers in kpop, differentiating from those produced the 1st Gen stuff.

Teddy produced the latest Blackpink track.

Kenzie's tracks over the years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back