Asian music (Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
Dec 25, 2018 at 12:05 PM Post #2,551 of 2,994

"When there is no quiet, there can be no loud."

Good quote from the above article by audio engineer Matt Mayfield.

Based on my own listening, dynamic range compression to increase loudness is routine in Kpop, just as it is in most other popular and dance music. The vast majority of Kpop tracks will have some form of DRC to boost loudness. So it is virtually unavoidable in the genre.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 1:06 AM Post #2,555 of 2,994
Mamamoo performing at the MAMA (Mnet) Fans' Choice show in Japan on 12-15. Video should be cued to around 4:45. This is not their best live performance. But it was their first at the MAMA's, I believe, which is sort of interesting.

SONGS:
"Cleopatra" - Solar
"Easy" - Wheein
"Selfish" - Moonbyul
"Don't" - Hwasa
"Egotistic"
"Starry Night"

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #2,558 of 2,994
Finally a Youtube channel that doesn't keep promoting boring predictable boy and girl group kpop. I ****ing hate how SM, JYP, and YG Ent dominates the industry promoting their garbage. There's nothing new about what they do, it's the same o crap. The music gets cornier and cornier as more and more boy/girl groups pop up. This has been going on for years, and need to stop. They need to promote/expand more genre out there as the boy/girl group music is saturated in the charts!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCACti7fagQ5OH_47IaWwpPQ

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #2,560 of 2,994
Finally a Youtube channel that doesn't keep promoting boring predictable boy and girl group kpop. I ****ing hate how SM, JYP, and YG Ent dominates the industry promoting their garbage. There's nothing new about what they do, it's the same o ****. The music gets cornier and cornier as more and more boy/girl groups pop up. This has been going on for years, and need to stop. They need to promote/expand more genre out there as the boy/girl group music is saturated in the charts!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCACti7fagQ5OH_47IaWwpPQ

Nice find, Silver.

Jan 1, 2019 at 3:37 PM Post #2,561 of 2,994

Users who are viewing this thread

Back