Articulate and warm for $150
Jan 18, 2018 at 11:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

akatsuki

100+ Head-Fier
My Heir 4a customs were stolen a while ago and I've been using SE215s which are okay but definitely have their problems.

While I contemplate Fibae 3s or Spiral Ears to replace my Heirs, I am looking for a better option than the Shures to tide me over.

I want something airy at the high end but no treble spikes, articulated bass with a slightly warm slant but never congested.

I'd like them to be as isolating as the Shures ideally.

Looking at the Semgots and some FADs so far. Cheaper is better since these are just temporary. iPhone driven.

Jan 18, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #2 of 3
Not sure if they will meet all your signature requirements, but the 1More Triple Driver really sound terrific at their near-$100 price-point. You might also check out an RHA MA750 and see what you think. It is conceivable one of these could work for you.

Jan 20, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #3 of 3
I highly recommend the 1More Triple Diver - very good soundstage - mids are a little forward which are perfect for my older ears
I had MEE pinnacle 1 and thy are also excellent sounding - very neutral - I only got rid of them because I prefer the mids more forward

Users who are viewing this thread

Back