Arrow 4G or custom tips to improve my SE535's?
Jan 16, 2013 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

InsideTM

New Head-Fier
I hope this is the right place for this, apologies if not.

I've recently got hold of some SE535's and I'm looking to improve the sound. They're my first high end iem's and although I absolutely love the sound I'd like a bit more bass. I listen to a mix of dnb, dub step, punk and metal with a few other things thrown in. I always try to keep the volume down so don't know if more bass is possible or if I'm just adapting to head fi type sound.

Amp wise, I've pretty much decided on an Arrow 4G based on what I've read here. More reading around led me to ACS tips which I can get done locally (Isolation is a big thing for me and was a major factor in choosing the Shure's). I'll eventually get both but that might take a while so I'm trying to decide which one I should get first.

Which one do people think would give me the most benefit, in particular to the bass?

Jan 16, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #2 of 3
If you are not getting a good seal, then tips may help to get that bass where it should be. I you are already getting a good seal then different tips may only improve slightly. The amp alone will give different results, maybe the bass will get tighter or more punchy, clear the highs etc. but increase the bass, EQ is probably what you are looking at. This can be through software on the DAP or through the Amp, as in the 3 different bass settings on the Headstage amp with the last idea being the best bet to increase the bass.

Jan 17, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks very much for that, I was leaning that way already but the confirmation really helps. The olives give me a good seal and the isolation has been fantastic so I'll get the arrow.

I'm also thinking rather than get custom tips, getting a custom iem might make more sense in the future. As much as I love this site for all the info I'm starting to realise that my wallet may never again be safe...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back