[Aroma Audio] Our new "AIR" Bluetooth DAC Amplifier
Mar 5, 2023 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 127

aromaaudio

Member of the Trade: Aroma Audio
We are excited to announce the latest addition to the AROMA Audio product line, the Bluetooth portable amplifier, "AIR".

dsc02901.jpg

This product is the culmination of over 3 years of intense research and development, and we are proud of its performance. With the ability to support multiple lossless transmission formats, the ES9038Q2M DAC allows for an improved music experience when streaming.

The Air has 8 digital filters that can be easily changed with a power button. It also includes three output ports: 4.4mm Balanced, 2.5mm Balanced & 3.5mm Single Ended, and the OP-AMP can be replaced with other alternatives.

Additionally, the Air has a high/low gain switch to drive higher impedance products. At 121 x 69 x 30mm and weighing only 190g, it is portable and lightweight. Enjoy high-quality music on the go via Bluetooth with the Air.

Specification
Battery: Φ 18650 3400|mAH (can support 8 hours of continuous playback)
Supported formats: SBC / AAC / APT-X / APTX-LL / APTX-HD /LDAC
Total harmonic distortion: 0.0017% - SE 0.0017% - BAL
Resolution: 81dB -- SE 81dB -- BAL
Signal-to-noise ratio: 123dB -- SE 124dB -- BAL
Supporting impedance:
Size: 121 x 69 x30 (mm)
Weight: 190 g
Power (this parameter is measured under THD+N ≤ 0.01%):
16Ω: 26mW--SE 26mW--BAL
32Ω: 50mW--SE 50mW--BAL
100Ω: 130mW--SE 130mW--BAL
300Ω: 120mW--SE 400mW--BAL
600Ω: 60mW--SE 240mW--BAL

dsc02936.jpg

*** SPECIAL PROMOTION ***

Enjoy a 15% discount on all Custom IEMs, and special offers on Shock (from USD$1278 to USD$1088) and Star (black) (from USD 224 to USD$188) - while stocks last.

Please input the designated discount codes upon checkout.

CIEM 15% off = CIEM
https://www.aromaaudio.com.hk/products/custom-in-ear-monitors.html

Shock = SHOCK23
Star = STAR23B
https://www.aromaaudio.com.hk/products/in-ear-monitors.html

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 127
Purchased the Air from Musictek when first available and very happy with it - it has become my go-to setup connected to my Android phone with bt5.3 and UM Fusang iems. I switched out the op-amps for Bursons V5i’s and for such a compact device it has great power / energy in the sound. The bt connection is quick & reliable. I’m finding it hard to tell the difference between the Air’s Bluetooth connection and fully wired connection via my other daps (AK2000T, Cayin N6ii) in terms of sound clarity & resolution - I think bt5.3 makes a big difference here.
How’s others experience with the Air so far ?

Mar 9, 2023 at 2:17 AM Post #3 of 127
Hey there, jaydoc1!

We just wanted to take a moment to thank you for your comments on our new product, AIR. We really appreciate your feedback and insights.

Our tech team has been working hard to ensure that the Bluetooth functionality of AIR is top-notch. We're confident that users will love the portability and audio quality that AIR offers.

For those who are interested in learning more about AIR, please check out this LINK for additional information.
https://www.aromaaudio.com.hk/air.html

If anyone has any questions or needs support, please don't hesitate to send us a private message. We're always here to help!

Thanks again for your support.

Aroma Audio

Mar 20, 2023 at 11:19 PM Post #4 of 127
Jewel and Aroma AIR.jpg

Just want to share my experience with the Jewel IEM and Aroma Air Portable DAC Headamp combo, and how they have become my go-to choice for everyday use.

Let's talk about the Aroma Air Portable DAC Headamp. This little device is a game-changer for anyone who wants to get the most out of their music on the go. It provides an incredible boost to the audio quality. The battery life is also impressive, which is more than enough for a full day of listening.

The Jewel custom IEMs and Aroma Air Portable DAC Headamp create a truly immersive listening experience you can enjoy wherever you go. The combination of high-quality sound and portability makes them the perfect choice for daily use, whether you're commuting, working out, or just relaxing at home.

To learn more about Aroma Air, pls check here
https://www.aromaaudio.com.hk/air.html

Also, don't miss the chance to order your Custom IEM at 15% off now :)
https://www.aromaaudio.com.hk/custom-iem-builder.html

May 22, 2023 at 5:57 AM Post #5 of 127
Im so interested in Air, especially how it will perform when paired with high end OPAMP such as muses05, muses01 and OPA627SM.

May 23, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #6 of 127
I have the Air & changed to Burson V5i opamps and there was quite an improvement to my ears in bass & lower to mid energy. As standard I found it a bit bright & thin in the mids.
I’ll be meeting up with another Headfi’er in the next couple of weeks to try out his muses opamps & others so sorry can’t comment on those at the moment, but will post when I have tried them.
I can say though that opamp swapping is very easy to access (no tiny screws) - Aroma have designed this for ease of access for swapping. In all other aspects I can’t tell the resolution difference (obviously tuning differences) between the Air as a bt device vs other wired amp / dacs I’ve had (eg ifi gryphon, Woo WA8, BX2, Hugo 2) - it’s that good 👍
Cheers !

May 23, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #7 of 127
I have the Air & changed to Burson V5i opamps and there was quite an improvement to my ears in bass & lower to mid energy. As standard I found it a bit bright & thin in the mids.
I’ll be meeting up with another Headfi’er in the next couple of weeks to try out his muses opamps & others so sorry can’t comment on those at the moment, but will post when I have tried them.
I can say though that opamp swapping is very easy to access (no tiny screws) - Aroma have designed this for ease of access for swapping. In all other aspects I can’t tell the resolution difference (obviously tuning differences) between the Air as a bt device vs other wired amp / dacs I’ve had (eg ifi gryphon, Woo WA8, BX2, Hugo 2) - it’s that good 👍
Cheers !
Does aroma air lean to bright sounding source?

May 23, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #8 of 127
Does aroma air lean to bright sounding source?
Yes as standard I found it a bit bright sounding in upper frequencies, but the beauty of the Air is the ease at which you can swap out the opamps for a different sounding ones - as I mentioned above a change to the Burson V5i opamps produced a new sounding unit - very warm & enegetic. Swapping the opamps is a 5 minute job with the only tools needed are the supplied opamp tweezers to accurately place the opamps, so the sound is very customisable to your tastes.
Cheers !

Jul 16, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #12 of 127
Has the air any playback controls? Or only volume?
No playback controls but volume control is present. not an issue for me. I have ordered a bluetooth media remote from Aliexpress that supports play pause forwards etc. Dirt cheap and quite small (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32889954511.html?gatewayAdapt=Msite2Pc) . AIR sounds marvellous though. Significantly better than anything iFi makes and will put any flagship dongle to shame. Basically 2000 USD tier sound for 600

Jul 19, 2023 at 5:21 PM Post #14 of 127
Thanks! Have an quloos mub1 and an ylm b2 on the way to me, so budget is used up at the moment.
But the air is on my list.
I have one of this Bluetooth remotes already. Will try with the xcan
I'd love to know what you think of the MUB1. I was looking at it as a replacement for my iFi xDSD Gryphon. Since the MUB1 is significantly smaller than the Gryphon, but has similar features.

I use the Gryphon wired to an old cell phone and it's cumbersome to carry. So it's time for something different.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #15 of 127
The Gryphon is to big for me too.
Mub1 is almost identical in size to the xCan. Just got it yesterday so I can't say to much about sound.
First impression is very positive, and the playback control is a big plus for me (just the Play/Pause implementation could be better).

I also tried with a Bluetooth remote control. It works, but I don't like this solution for every day usage.
So sadly, I will probably skip the Aroma air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back