Aroma Audio A100TB
Mar 5, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #198 of 205
Burson V5iD in input buffer, MUSE02 as output stage. This combo sounds damn good, very airy, detailed & great for female vocals.

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:15 PM Post #199 of 205
Off topic : can you let me know where I can find a 90 degree 4.4 to 4.4 IC?

I would love to buy one for my a100tb.
Sorry for the late reply, don’t come around these parts much these days. You mean the plugs? Hmm not sure, I’ve seen them online, you could Google it. I’d say just get the Aroma one if you are planning to use it with the A100TB. It’s compact, well-made and frankly, the differences I’ve experienced with other ICs haven’t moved any needles by any stretch of the word. Hope that helped!

Mar 25, 2024 at 10:25 AM Post #200 of 205
Hi, I have been starting to try some opamp-rolling love, and it turns out this is a little game that can't be played without its rules, namely, rightly plugging the opamps. After a first try with no sound and a suddenly suprisingly hot opamp (no smoke involved, nor visible consequence fortunately...), I discovered to my immense and abyssic dismay (blanketed with a gigantic lack of knowledge) that there is indeed a right way to plug-in the opamps.

SO

How the hell do we kow which way is the right one? I tried looking at tha opamps, at the Aroma, I am not able to decipher any sign on how to plug-in the opamp. I'm left with the approved trial and error way, but I'm not really comfortable playing with opamps that could turn into a torch...

Thanks for your consideration.

On another and more joyful note, I am quite surprised to see the lack of consideration for this lovely unit which in my opinion stand up right there along the C9, Tsuranagi for those I have been blessed to try. Probably just a bit under, but really not far away. Besides, it has the oomph to drive more than decently enough a HE-6, and for this alone, it deserves some great credits.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #201 of 205
Hi, I have been starting to try some opamp-rolling love, and it turns out this is a little game that can't be played without its rules, namely, rightly plugging the opamps. After a first try with no sound and a suddenly suprisingly hot opamp (no smoke involved, nor visible consequence fortunately...), I discovered to my immense and abyssic dismay (blanketed with a gigantic lack of knowledge) that there is indeed a right way to plug-in the opamps.

SO

How the hell do we kow which way is the right one? I tried looking at tha opamps, at the Aroma, I am not able to decipher any sign on how to plug-in the opamp. I'm left with the approved trial and error way, but I'm not really comfortable playing with opamps that could turn into a torch...

Thanks for your consideration.

On another and more joyful note, I am quite surprised to see the lack of consideration for this lovely unit which in my opinion stand up right there along the C9, Tsuranagi for those I have been blessed to try. Probably just a bit under, but really not far away. Besides, it has the oomph to drive more than decently enough a HE-6, and for this alone, it deserves some great credits.
When you have to change the opamps, you have to look at the crescent ( D ) that indicates the right direction. If can help you, go to Burson's website, where they explain how to put opamps

Mar 28, 2024 at 6:23 PM Post #204 of 205
Warm and resolving amp.
The grain of the sound becomes thicker, and the gently curved texture is conveyed to me. It made me feel so good, as like bakoon's amps have done. I could feel that this amp is supplying enough and enough driving-power to the receivers, but the maximum volume was bit disappointing, considering the size of the amp.

Mar 30, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #205 of 205
Warm and resolving amp.
The grain of the sound becomes thicker, and the gently curved texture is conveyed to me. It made me feel so good, as like bakoon's amps have done. I could feel that this amp is supplying enough and enough driving-power to the receivers, but the maximum volume was bit disappointing, considering the size of the amp.
There is a A100TB power supply known as Aroma Powerstation 100 Pro
TKP-AromaReview-7_d1ba5741-22e0-4bc3-91ae-0041910f7ea7_934x700.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back