Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #108 of 162
Hello fellow music enthusiasts. I'm sorry to say I am unable to make it to this meet. :frowning2: This is the first meet I have missed since we started.I hope to make the next.

Mar 22, 2019 at 12:33 AM Post #110 of 162
Got the Ether 2s on my head right now, you gotta hear these dudes! Most excellent bass quality, among other things.

The time is near! Prepare your ears, for there is much great gear.

Hello fellow music enthusiasts. I'm sorry to say I am unable to make it to this meet. :frowning2: This is the first meet I have missed since we started.I hope to make the next.

Nooo, this cannot be :frowning2: We'll just have to make it twice as good next time!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #111 of 162
I don't know if I will be able to make it tomorrow but I will try to make it.

I am working on building a new dedicated headphone amp with some really nice transformers. The other amp I built was more of a speaker amp, so it will be nice to build something with the proper output impedance for high and low cans.

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:11 PM Post #112 of 162
I don't know if I will be able to make it tomorrow but I will try to make it.

I am working on building a new dedicated headphone amp with some really nice transformers. The other amp I built was more of a speaker amp, so it will be nice to build something with the proper output impedance for high and low cans.
Cool. But you still need to drag yourself down and hang out. Your amp will definitely be waiting for you when you get home :wink:

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #113 of 162
I should be able to make it. I would be really bummed if I could not hang out with this awesome group, though I plan to bring less stuff this time.

If anybody wants to try some tubes from my stash, just let me know. I have most power tubes (NO DHTs), rectifiers and a bunch of different signal tubes. Just message me if you want me to bring something to try or to check if I have it. It's nice to hear different tubes. I am happy to bring them.

- Jason

Cool. But you still need to drag yourself down and hang out. Your amp will definitely be waiting for you when you get home :wink:

Mar 22, 2019 at 10:59 PM Post #114 of 162
Been rocking out to the Aeolus and Verite that Zach from ZMF sent for only an hour or so and all I can say is Wholly Schiit! I can only imagine what these sound like with some quality headtime. Nevertheless, they both kill it! I believe you guys are in for a treat along with the Empyreon.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:08 PM Post #115 of 162
I should be able to make it. I would be really bummed if I could not hang out with this awesome group, though I plan to bring less stuff this time.

If anybody wants to try some tubes from my stash, just let me know. I have most power tubes (NO DHTs), rectifiers and a bunch of different signal tubes. Just message me if you want me to bring something to try or to check if I have it. It's nice to hear different tubes. I am happy to bring them.

- Jason
If you have any ECC81/12AT7 variants that you want to sell, bring um. I'm just getting into them and I like them so much more then any of the 6922/6DJ8 variants. Even if you don't want to sell any, I'd love to hear them if you got them.

Mar 23, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #116 of 162
Pretty bummed I'm missing out on this. Looking forward to pics and impressions.

If anyone happens to have time to do some comparisons between the Utopia and Empyrean I'd really appreciate it. Been eyeing them pretty hard lately.

Mar 24, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #119 of 162
Hey to all!

After another successful Phoenix Head/Fi meet, I came to the realization that I just can't get enough of it. Two meets a year is pretty good but I personally need MORE!

If anyone is interested in a mini meet, I'd be more then happy to facilitate and host it at my house sometime before the next gathering at the Hilton.

Joe, Chris and I are already discussing when the next meet will be and we're looking at somewhere in October when there's not much going on.
If this is something that sounds cool and you'd like to participate, please PM me. I even have a full blown Home theater set-up with any movie/Bluray you probably could imagine. Of course that would be secondary but just throwing that out if there's also any videophiles out there. But.....It's all about the music and gear first and foremost.

I'll even BBQ some burgers and dogs that I'd supply. I just ask that anyone who'd be interested in this and it actually happens, you could pitch in for the cool refreshing beverages.
If there's enough interest, I'd start a new thread and we can discuss when would be a good time for everyone. Just need to see how many PM's I get.

IMPRESSIONS THREAD IS UP SO PLEASE POST YOUR THOUGHTS AND PICS IF YOU TOOK ANY.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/az-head-fi-meet-impression-3-23-19.903040/

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #120 of 162
Hey guys, the meet is done! Lots of new faces this time, and a few regulars, although others were unfortunately unable to make it this time.

Check out the impressions thread, linked in @koover 's post above. I'll repost it here. For anyone who was there, we'd really appreciate your feedback! I'll link it here again just cause (To those that have already posted, you guys are on top of it, thanks so much!).

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/az-head-fi-meet-impression-3-23-19.903040/

Also, look in the above link for questions and answers about the next meet in AZ!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back