Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2019 at 10:53 PM Post #91 of 162
Check out my edit to my post. If not, maybe next time and thanks.
not horrible, but i just got excited. i need to put together an albuquerque meet. It will be much smaller than the AZ meet, but still fun, and much closer :)

Mar 13, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #92 of 162
Ok so for electrostatics, I will have 3 setups.

1. The Koss 950 and its amp.
2. The brand new and just sent from HiFiman the Jade II headphones and amp.
3. The Voce from MrSpeakers and a brand new, new to the world and not even named yet. tube electrostatic MicroZotl Amp from Linear Tube Audio (First showing in public for this electrostatic headphone amplifier!) . One person that has it, a dealer, stated he rated it with the best there is for electrostatic headphones.

So you will have a choice of an entry level, medium level and a good price, and a top level. Should be fun.

Also, iBasso is sending 2 yet to be released devices for the phone or computer to convert the digital to an analogue out, which plugs in. I don't know much about it yet but this will be the First Showing of these two products!

Mar 13, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #93 of 162
Well looks like I'll be doing something different and bringing a smaller, although very adequate, setup: Soekris 1541 and ECP DSHA-1.

Headphones TBD...

Mar 14, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #96 of 162
A few more things I'll have:

Vali 2
Harman Kardon Rabco ST-7 turntable w/ vinyl in several genres (I don't have any good classical recordings so bring that yourself if you want to hear it)
Mani
Very cool. I've never heard vinyl under the headsets. I'm VERY scared if I like it because it'll be another rabbit hole to go down. I'll bring some vintage vinyl to check out.

Mar 14, 2019 at 4:33 PM Post #97 of 162
A few more things I'll have:

Vali 2
Harman Kardon Rabco ST-7 turntable w/ vinyl in several genres (I don't have any good classical recordings so bring that yourself if you want to hear it)
Mani

Cool. I had an ST-7 many moons ago. Bought it new from Hi Fi Sales in Mesa. Silver one.

Mar 16, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #100 of 162
^^^^^^^^^ @Godel Von

I’ve never heard them, always have wanted too and now have that opportunity. Looking VERY forward to it.
Are you bringing any source? Doesn’t really matter as I’d love to hear them on my rig nevertheless.

Mar 16, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #102 of 162
^^^^^^^^^ @Godel Von

I’ve never heard them, always have wanted too and now have that opportunity. Looking VERY forward to it.
Are you bringing any source? Doesn’t really matter as I’d love to hear them on my rig nevertheless.
I have heard them, don't remember if bass light or the later version but very, very enjoyable. I know they would sound excellent out of the MicroZotl 2 or 3 and I will have both at the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back