Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 24, 2019 at 2:48 PM Post #46 of 162
Wow, dead thread. :zzz:
Not used to this from this group. Is anyone coming? LOL. I know it's still 4 weeks out but it's been crickets in here.
Whoever is coming, let's start posting on what you'll be bringing so we can get it listed in the OP.
We're working on the food situation and it should be pretty good.
As a really nice bonus, we got a couple really "nice" raffle gifts from Schiit and Meze respectfully.
Waiting on Audeze to respond as a monkey wrench was thrown into the gears. Evan is no longer with them so a response is coming to me mid week to see if they'll be able at attend. :fingers_crossed:

Let's get this thread going a little bit guys! :metal:

IBasso will be there. We will have many products from our line. Most of them as a matter of fact. John8 listed a number of them above. I hope there is a good turn out to enjoy the music! We could be coaxed to raffle something off as well. A good time for all.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Feb 24, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #47 of 162
I really look forward to seeing ibasso equipment. I have been out of the game for a few years but did buy the anaconda when it got released and still enjoy it to this day. A lot has changed since then and i am looking for something new to add to my listening experience. See you all there

Feb 24, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #48 of 162
I will have some Linear Tube Audio equipment there as well. The MZ2 the MZ3 and hopefully one more piece of high end equipment from LTA!

Feb 24, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #49 of 162
My stuff:

Decware SE84UFO w/headphone adapter box (4-pin XLR only)
Monoprice Liquid Spark
Yggy 1st gen fed from M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-to-SPDIF/AES adapter
DIY balanced-to-SE converter
HD800 w/Dekoni pads/Cardas wire
Massdrop/Fostex TH-X00 w/Lawton mod's/Cardas wire/Dekoni pads

For sale stuff:

DIY XRK971 mint tin amp, wall-wart powered
DIY Pup DAC
DIY Doodlebug USB de-crapifier
Uptone Audio Regen (original)
DIY balanced attenuator (Alps pot, Neutrik XLR's)
As above, but with one input/two selectable outputs (Grayhill switch)

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #50 of 162
Will Schiit be sending the new Ragnarok?

I'll pose a question to the SchiitHeads! Also, I added information regarding the raffle for this meet a while ago, it kind of flew under the radar though (even I forgot about it a bit, LOL).
Raffle: There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. Possible prizes include a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (yes, the latest iteration), and a set Meze 99 Classics headphones!

Still trying to figure out the food situation, but there will be something.

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:20 AM Post #51 of 162
Put me down for Ragnarok. I'm bringing it as well.

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #52 of 162
Maybe having a potentially smaller turnout could be a blessing in disguise in regards to the ambient noise level being lower...

I've always wanted to get true intimate experiences with gear at head-fi meets, but it can be really difficult with such a high noise floor.

I was wondering if doing headphone "speed dating" would be fun? 5 or 10 minute timers at each station... Might encourage more productive listening??

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #53 of 162
My son has a soccer game the late morning/early afternoon but may try to sneak out after it's over since the game is in Glendale. I probably won't bring much of my bigger gear but could bring some of the more portable stuff like DAPs, Chord Mojo and headphones (LCD-2 closed back).

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #54 of 162
My son has a soccer game the late morning/early afternoon but may try to sneak out after it's over since the game is in Glendale. I probably won't bring much of my bigger gear but could bring some of the more portable stuff like DAPs, Chord Mojo and headphones (LCD-2 closed back).
Stop on by when you can. Would love to have you there!

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #55 of 162
IBasso will be there. We will have many products from our line. Most of them as a matter of fact. John8 listed a number of them above. I hope there is a good turn out to enjoy the music! We could be coaxed to raffle something off as well. A good time for all.
All sounds great. Thank you sir as is greatly appreciated! The turnouts have always been great. My comments were basically in jest as the thread has been very quite, especially from this group. I believe everyone is basically veterans of these events now. Thanx again!!

Feb 28, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #60 of 162
A few updates....

Audeze did commit (was on hold for a bit) and will be here in full force. Once again we’ll have the pleasure of seeing, conversing with and hanging out with Richard. Good to have you Richard and we’re all looking forward to seeing you again!

Also, Not only will John Amato from iBasso be in attendance with a ton of gear, they’ve committed a very nice raffle item....IT01s. Niiiice! We thank you kindly!

We’ll continue to update the thread with any pertinent info that comes our way. Again, this looks like it’s shaping up to be another stellar event! Looking forward to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back