Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Third: March 23rd, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2019 at 3:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 162

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
LATEST UPDATE: FOOOOOOOOOOD
funch said:
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.

We're currently locked in for March 23rd at our previous meeting space. Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, you'll be issued a single raffle ticket at no cost so you may have an opportunity to win a plethora of gear we'll be giving away to a few of our lucky members or guests. We do ask that members are in attendance at the time of the raffle to win. If you step out for lunch or whatever you may be doing, please just make sure you're back in time. We'll hold the raffle at 3PM sharp!
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD.
Yes sir: chicken tenders, teriyaki skewers, cheese, fruit, chips and salsa, coffee, iced tea, and of course the finest water with lemon.
4. We'll also issue you however many index cards you'll need so you can note your equipment that you brought, so our members can easily see what gear they're looking at on your table.
5. Finally, there will be a poster hanging at the back of the room for you to list any type of gear you want to sell and for what you're selling it for.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit, Raffle item
Audeze: You want Audeze? We got all-deze!
Beezar Audio: Visit @funch 's table for the new T4 amp and Walnut DAC, courtesy of Tom (@tomb on the forums) from Beezar!
HiFiMan: @jamato8 will have the Jade II headphone system, part of HiFiMan's Jade II tour! And maybe a raffle item too...
iBasso Audio: @jamato8 will be bringing loads of iBasso equipment. Gear includes amps, DACs, and DAPs!
DX120, DX150, DX200 and AMP1, AMP3, AMP4, AMP4S, AMP6, AMP7, AMP8 . How is that? DX200 standard, DX200 Ti and . . . DX200 Au (gold).

Though no longer available: Whiplash Cable in the AuV1 and AuV2 both in 8 braid (for the headphones).

The iBasso P5 has Burson single op amps on the output. Extremely nice.

There will be two full tables of things to listen to! All top notch stuff.
iFi Audio: iFi will be once again sending their Pro iCan, along with the Pro iDSD and xDSD!
Linear Tube Audio: Visit @jamato8 's table to hear the Micro ZOTL2, MZOTL3, and a yet unnamed electrostatic amplifier!
Meze Audio: Raffle item, !!!Empyrean headphones!!!
ZMF Headphones: Once again, Zach is most gracious loaning us a couple of his latest works of art. The Verite and Aeolus with some extra pads to check out the different signatures. He's also going to throw in some T-shirts that we'll raffle off to you guys!

Date & Time:
Saturday March 23rd, 2019*
10:00AM-6:00PM

11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. As stated above, entrants must be present at the time of the drawing (3PM) to win. Possible prizes include a Schiit Modi Multibit DAC (yes, the latest iteration), a set of Meze 99 Classics headphones, an Audeze iSine10 IEM, and an iBasso IT01 IEM!

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:
THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD. Yes sir: chicken tenders, teriyaki skewers, cheese, fruit, chips and salsa, coffee, iced tea, and of course the finest water with lemon.

Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

Jotunheim + multibit
Lyr 3 + 4490
Modi 3
Loki
Magni 3
Mjolnir 2
Gungnir Multibit
Fostex/Dekoni Audio Blue headphones
Hifiman HE-560 headphones
!!MrSpeakers Ether 2 headphones!!
Sennheiser HD558 headphones.

Member gear (does not include sponsor/insider/loaner gear):
Headphones:
1More H1707
Abyss Phi
Audeze LCD-2C
Denon AH-D2000 (modded and unmodded)
Focal Clear
Fostex/Massdrop TH-X00 (Lawton mods, Cardas wire, Dekoni pads)
Grado GS1000e
Grado/Nhoord Red drivers (rholupat wood cups)
Grado SR325 (the OG!)
Klipsch Heritage HP3
Koss ESP950
Meze 99 classics (modded)
MrSpeakers Voce
Oppo PM-3
Sennheiser/Massdrop HD58X
Sennheiser HD650
Sennheiser/Massdrop HD6XX
Sennheiser HD800 (various pads, mods, varients, etc)
Sony MDR-R10!!
ZMF Auteur (Bocote)
ZMF Ori

IEMs:

Headphone Amplifiers:
Ampsandsound Leeloo
Cavalli/Monoprice Liquid Spark
Decware SE84UFO w/ headphone adapter box (4-pin XLR only)
ECP DSHA-1
Geshelli Labs Archel
Graham Slee Voyager
LinearTubeAudio unnamed electrostatic amp
MAD Ear+ HD
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Schiit Ragnarok
Schiit Vali 2

DACs:
Geshelli Labs Enog
Geshelli Labs Enog 2
Schiit Gungnir (USB gen5)
Schiit Modi Multibit
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen2, USB gen5)
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen1, USB gen3)
Wyred4Sound DAC2-DSD

DACAmps:

Audioquest Dragonfly Red
Fiio E17K
Oppo HE-2
Soekris 1541

DAPs:

DDCs/digital stuff/misc analog:
Harman Kardon Rabco ST-7 turntable > Schiit Mani phono preamp
M2Tech HiFace Evo USB-SPDIF/AES interface
Pioneer PLX-1000 > Schiit JotunheimPhono
Schiit Saga preamplifier

For sale:
DIY XRK971 mint tin amp, wall-wart powered
DIY Pup DAC
DIY Doodlebug USB de-crapifier
Uptone Audio Regen (original)
DIY balanced attenuator (Alps pot, Neutrik XLR's)
+as above, but with one input/two selectable outputs (Grayhill switch)
Oppo HE-2
Assorted Tubes

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #7 of 162
Just around the corner guys! Gonna be another really good meet. I'll start the 1st post on what will be there.

*Schiit Mjolnir 2 (lots of tubes)
*Schiit Gumby gen5
*Focal Clear
*ZMF Ori
*Klipsch Heritage HP3
*Audeze LCD-2C
*Denon AH-D2000 (modded)
*Meze 99 classic (modded)
*1MTDOE

I'll only bring the following if someone wants to hear them
*TH-X00 modded Purpleheart
*Meze Neo
*Sony modded MDR-Z7
*Sennheiser HD650
*Sennheiser HD 58X Jubilee
*Grado Nhoord Red drivers w/Rholupat wood cups
*Oppo HE-2 (for sale if interested)
*Audioquest Dragonfly Red.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #9 of 162
If anybody is interested, I can bring the following with me:

Geshelli Labs Enog DAC
Geshelli Labs Archel Amplifier
Graham Slee Voyager Amplifier
iFi micro iDSD DAC/amplifier
iFi 12V iPower power supply
Fiio X5 3rd Gen DAP
Fiio A5 Amplifier
Denon AHD2000 (un-modded)
Massdrop x Fostex TX-0

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #10 of 162
Got some good news guys if anyone is interested.

Meze will be sending me the Empyrean for our meet along with a very cool raffle prize I won’t spill the beans on quite yet.

Additionally, it looks like a representative from Audeze will be here again representing their brand.

As always, we’re still working on other members of the trade to attend and we’ll pass along any any all news once we receive commitments.

Looks like this is shaping up to be another great event and I’m truly looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Best
Greg

Jan 17, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #11 of 162
I will definitely be there. I really look forward to these meets.

I'm bringing some gear, of course. At this particular moment I'm thinking:

Yggdrasil (A2, Gen5)
Ampsandsound Leeloo
ZMF Auteur (Bocote)

Edit: Could bring Ragnarok or the WA2 instead. Only bringing one though... Anyone interested in hearing any of them?

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2019 at 10:02 PM Post #15 of 162
@koover Hey Greg, I'd be really interested in hearing those Nhoord driver Grado mods. You know I've got an infatuation with all things Grado.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back