Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #46 of 96
Just booked the flight and hotel so I'll definitely be there. :o2smile:
Excellent. So glad you’ve decided to make the trek. Everyone will be looking forward to meeting you. Will be a great time and you’ll truly enjoy yourself. Really good people here!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #47 of 96
I would like to bounce an idea off the group.

Would there be any interest in having a CD "Swap" at the event? I have a bunch of CDs I no longer listen to. All in excellent condition. Music to me is like books....you never throw them away but sell them to someone who will appreciate them. Could do a 1 for 1 swap or just a nominal price of say $3 each?

This is a pretty cool idea, I think we should certainly have the space for a small CD-swap area (a couple tables or so?). Not sure how to approach the logistics of it, however. Most likely, we'd have a designated area for swapping, but members would need to keep track of their own sales/trades. Very informal, no fancy dancyness needed. I'd like more feedback on this from the other Head-Fi'ers! Keep in mind that you are ultimately liable for your own belongings. But we should all strive to look out for one another!

Added several raffle prizes, and updated the "industry insiders" to reflect Acoustic Design's attendance. Still waiting to hear back from Schiit regarding the new products.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2019 at 3:35 PM Post #48 of 96
Okay guys, just received word from Schiit. Unfortunately, the Sol will be a no-go... for now. But here's the good news: we will definitely be getting an Asgard 3, and fingers crossed, we will hopefully get a Bifrost 2 as well (pending the return of review units). The Ragnarok 2 of course still stands!

Sep 13, 2019 at 5:47 PM Post #49 of 96
Okay guys, just received word from Schiit. Unfortunately, the Sol will be a no-go... for now. But here's the good news: we will definitely be getting an Asgard 3, and fingers crossed, we will hopefully get a Bifrost 2 as well (pending the return of review units). The Ragnarok 2 of course still stands!

Well, it was worth asking at least. I'm interested in checking out the Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2 as well.

Sep 13, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #50 of 96
I’m very very scared to listen to the Asgard 2. I’m looking for a SS amp and I “think” it’s still $199? If so, that’s an incredible retail and hard to pass up. I also read it was a killer amp too. Is it a class A amp?

Sep 16, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #52 of 96
I will bring my Decware SE84UFO/adapter box combo, Bifrost multi, HD600's/800's, LCD-3's, Plastic Pantz DIY 'phones, as well as the following gear that will be for sale:

A DIY balanced-to-SE converter with volume control, two balanced volume controls (one with a two-way selector), an AMB Labs power supply (7.3VDC), a pair of mahogany TH-X00, cables, tubes, etc.The Bimby will also be for sale.

Very curious to hear the Ether 2 with my Decware, as well as a Jot/Bifrost 2 combo, and the Bif 2 with my Decware.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #53 of 96
For those folks that are local to Scottsdale, this is going on Saturday. Unfortunately I can't make it.
Screenshot_20190916-204406.png

Sep 17, 2019 at 11:22 AM Post #54 of 96
I will bring my Decware SE84UFO/adapter box combo, a matched black set of Valhalla 2/Bifrost multi, a second silver Bimby (collected two in a week's time, ask me at the meet how), HD600's/800's, as well as the following gear that will be for sale:

A DIY balanced-to-SE converter with volume control, two balanced volume controls (one with a two-way selector), an AMB Labs power supply (7.3VDC), a pair of mahogany TH-X00, cables, tubes, etc.
The Decware amp and silver Bimby will also be for sale.

Very curious to hear the Ether 2 with a Jut/Bimby 2 combo.
I will have a set of Ether 2s there for you to play with

Sep 24, 2019 at 8:53 AM Post #57 of 96
Pretty quite around here with the meet less then 2 weeks out.
We have some “outstanding” raffle prizes, a couple excellent members of the trade that’ll be there and a great location/venue with ample space for setup and for moving around.
We also have excellent food and drink with enough to feed an army, awesome people and great gear with a lot not even mentioned. Anyone else bringing some gear that needs to be listed?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #59 of 96
I’m going to try my best to make it and would be interested in selling my Schiit Gungnir D/S. It doesn’t have Gen 5 USB but I’ll throw in an Audioquest Jitterbug. I bought it directly from Schiit in May of 2018 as a b-stock so there is still 3.5 years of warranty left and the warranty would start over if you decide to upgrade to Multibit.

Let me know if anyone is interested in it for $500.

Sep 24, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #60 of 96
I’ll most likely bring HE-6 and two upcoming headphones from Aurorus Audio as well as my Bryston BHA-1 and Solaris DAC.

I might need an extra cable for the headphones, terminated with mini XLR like Audeze/ZMF. If anyone has a cable I can borrow for the meet that would be awesome!

See you all soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back