Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:02 AM Post #31 of 96
Any of the new Schiit gear would be awesome to get if possible...Asgard 3, Bifrost 2, Sol...

We'll be getting Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2 for sure :) and for Sol, I'll definitely ask as nicely as I can! They're busy with RMAF, so after that... Stay tuned my good lads.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #32 of 96
We'll be getting Asgard 3 and Bifrost 2 for sure :) and for Sol, I'll definitely ask as nicely as I can! They're busy with RMAF, so after that... Stay tuned my good lads.
Heading up to RMAF tomorrow, will have a chat with Schiit to see if I can get Sol support for the event

Sep 5, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #34 of 96
Check out Ultimate Ears and Jerry Harvey Audio's websites. They have recommended audiologists around the valley. There is one location that offers 3D scanning if your CIEM producer can use that type of impression. I used Tri-City Audiology for my impressions and they have been good for multiple pairs. The location I went to was in the Tempe/Mesa area.

P.S. - I will be on vacation, so I will unfortunately be missing this meet.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #35 of 96
A bit off top but I am about to get some CIEMs and I am looking for a good audiologist in Scottsdale. Any recommendations?
This is where I went last. Phoenix seems to be expensive for impressions at a lot of places so it pays to ask and shop around. The place below was able to do my impressions around my normal $50 / pair or so price range. Others were asking $100 per ear.

Metro Hearing - Address: 11000 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 165, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - (602) 388-1968

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #37 of 96
This is where I went last. Phoenix seems to be expensive for impressions at a lot of places so it pays to ask and shop around. The place below was able to do my impressions around my normal $50 / pair or so price range. Others were asking $100 per ear.

Metro Hearing - Address: 11000 N Scottsdale Rd Suite 165, Scottsdale, AZ 85254 - (602) 388-1968

thanks for the tip

Sep 9, 2019 at 10:56 AM Post #38 of 96
You are a gentleman and a scholar! Fingers crossed.
Back from RMAF, good news and bad news. Bad news Schiit in no way shape or form want to support a brick and mortar location ( I respect and understand there business model) so Im no help on getting the group a Sol. Good news. Feliks Audio. I will have there Echo and Euforia tube headphone amps at both the Audeze event on Sept 21th and the MiniCon Oct 5th. Also I will be bringing analog to the meet in the form of a Gold Note Turntable with a Gold Note phono stage running through the Feliks Audio Euforia tube headphone amp. if I can, I would like a short list of artists that the group would like to here on vinyl.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #41 of 96
I would like to bounce an idea off the group.

Would there be any interest in having a CD "Swap" at the event? I have a bunch of CDs I no longer listen to. All in excellent condition. Music to me is like books....you never throw them away but sell them to someone who will appreciate them. Could do a 1 for 1 swap or just a nominal price of say $3 each?

Sep 11, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #42 of 96

Would there be any interest in having a CD "Swap" at the event? I have a bunch of CDs I no longer listen to. All in excellent condition. Music to me is like books....you never throw them away but sell them to someone who will appreciate them. Could do a 1 for 1 swap or just a nominal price of say $3 each?
I don’t know how many members would be interested in this (I’m thinking not too many seeing there’s no response. a lot of members are subbed to this thread) but bring them with you. You never know what may happen.

Sep 11, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #43 of 96

I'd be interested in seeing what you've got to sell. I've got about 700 CDs that I've been adding to since the 80s. I don't have any to trade though, but always looking for good music.

Sep 11, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #44 of 96
Think I have got it narrowed down on what to bring
Headphones
Audeze
LCD4z
LCD3
LCD2
Mr. Speaker
Ether 2
Ether C Flow
Aeon Open & Closed
Sennheiser
HD800

AMP/DAC
Gold Note DS 10
Chord Hugo TT2/M Scaler
Feliks Audio Echo
Benchmark HPA4
Audio Quest Dragonfly Cobalt & Red

This is going to be a great event. See you all there

Sep 11, 2019 at 9:57 PM Post #45 of 96
I'm new to the audiophile world and I'll probably come.

I don't have anything fancy to bring but if I do come I'll bring:
Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Closed
HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Just booked the flight and hotel so I'll definitely be there. :o2smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back