Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #16 of 96
Added raffle info, SchiitKit contents, and a reminder that we always have food at our events :)
LATEST UPDATE: SchiitKit and RAFFLE! And yeah, there'll be food again, don't worry! Just figuring it out.

We're currently locked in for October 5th at our usual spot (see address in bold). Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, you'll be issued a single raffle ticket at no cost so you may have an opportunity to win a plethora of gear we'll be giving away to a few of our lucky members or guests. We do ask that members are in attendance at the time of the raffle to win. If you step out for lunch or whatever you may be doing, please just make sure you're back in time. We'll hold the raffle at 3PM sharp!
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD.
Exact food TBD. Probably similar to last time.

Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit (+rag2!), raffle item
More TBA...

Date & Time:
Saturday October 5th, 2019*
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. As stated above, entrants must be present at the time of the drawing (3PM) to win. At this time, the prize is a Schiit Lyr 3 hybrid tube headphone amplifier. Stay tuned for possible others!

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:
Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

Ragnarok 2!
Jotunheim (+multibit?)
Lyr 3 (+multibit?)
Modi 3
Loki
Magni 3
Mjolnir 2
Gungnir Multibit

Member gear (does not include sponsor/insider/loaner gear):
Headphones:
Audeze LCD2-C
Audio Technica ATH-W5000
Denon AH-2000 (HEAVILY modded, wood cups!)
Focal Clear
Klipsch HP3
Meze 99 Classic
Sennheiser HD8000SDR
ZMF Aeolus
ZMF Auteur
ZMF Ori

IEMs:

Headphone Amplifiers:
Decware MLB (slightly custom)
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Woo Audio WA6-SE (gen2)

DACs:
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen2)

DACAmps:

DAPs:

DDCs/digital stuff/misc analog:

For sale:
Nothing! Yet...

All things TBA as usual, stay tuned, blah blah blah. Let's do this!
Post any gear you may be bringing!
Good morning all, Im new to head fi, and am very interested in your October event. I could bring a set of Mr. Speaker Ether 2 and Ether C Flow, Audeze LCD-4z and LCD 3, and a set of Focal Utopia. A head phone amp/dac Iike is the SPL Ponitor XE and a brand new release from Gold Note that Im hopping to get in a few weeks

Aug 8, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #18 of 96
I hope I don't miss this one, might have something cool to bring...

Hype dude LOL

Good morning all, Im new to head fi, and am very interested in your October event. I could bring a set of Mr. Speaker Ether 2 and Ether C Flow, Audeze LCD-4z and LCD 3, and a set of Focal Utopia. A head phone amp/dac Iike is the SPL Ponitor XE and a brand new release from Gold Note that Im hopping to get in a few weeks

Welcome vinyl head and Acoustics Designs! That's some nice gear... The SPL and Gold Note gear really piques my curiosity, as well. We'd be glad to have you! Hope to see you in October.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2019 at 3:50 PM Post #19 of 96
I hear good things about your shop! Alan from The Source AV told me about you. I’m going to do my best to come see you this weekend or in the very near future. Maybe we can chat for a bit?
Your perspective lineup you’ll hopefully bring looks great and we’d love to have you attend. Looking forward to meeting you.
G

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #20 of 96
I hear good things about your shop! Alan from The Source AV told me about you. I’m going to do my best to come see you this weekend or in the very near future. Maybe we can chat for a bit?
Your perspective lineup you’ll hopefully bring looks great and we’d love to have you attend. Looking forward to meeting you.
G
Check shop hours, currently shop is appointment only on weekends

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:09 AM Post #21 of 96
Hype dude LOL

Welcome vinyl head and Acoustics Designs! That's some nice gear... The SPL and Gold Note gear really piques my curiosity, as well. We'd be glad to have you! Hope to see you in October.
Any interest in auditioning the new Audio Quest Cobalt Dragonfly at the meet? I would also be willing to throw one in for the raffle if that dosent break any rules, again Im a newbie so just getting a feel for the do's and don'ts on Headfi

Aug 9, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #22 of 96
That would be great. I personally want to try the cobalt as I already have the DFR.
We do raffles all the time so that would be most welcomed if you’re offering up.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #24 of 96

Nice that you are supporting this event...part of the like I gave was for the Miku avatar though... :)

Can't attend, but have decided to send something for y'all to listen to. Will talk with Greg about it and send it to him. It's the custom electrostat I recently got from Nectar audio, the Nectar Sound. Had it cabled using a STAX SRE-725 extension cable. Reminds me very much of the STAX SR-404 Limited - one of the bassiest electrostats I've ever heard and more warm, full bodied, and laid back compared to the newer L series STAX. Would say it has more subbass than the 404 Limited. Will also send Koss E/90x Energizer bought from Spritzer with STAX adapter he made and a Schiit Loki with it. They do come more alive (especially the subbass) with a full-blown estat rig though...so if there is full blown estat setup in attendance I would highly recommend trying them on it. Really impressed with them for the price, figured I'd share something rather unique that I think is pretty good (with 2 caveats that do need to be noted.)

i-2VVvqQg-X4.jpg

The 2 caveats are:
1. They are more on-ear than over-ear, so comfort is not as good as most STAX or other fully over-ear electrostats
2. They are very easy to get the driver diaphragm to stick to a stator and the sound thusly goes wonky on that side (NO bass, much different tone). I will give instructions on recovering from stuck diaphragm, because it WILL happen... press just a little too much to seat a pad...and there goes the sound. They basically require having them on and in position before you connect them to the energizer/amp and then turn the energizer/amp on. You have to be VERY careful with positioning/repositioning them on your head.

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2019 at 11:49 PM Post #26 of 96
Had to update my post, will now have some ESP/95X with me if I make it.

Sweet, I'd love to try those. Hope you can make it!

Sep 4, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #27 of 96
Do you guys think Schiit would send over a Sol if asked kindly? I just want to see it. Looks badass. Maybe @Destroysall could provide a cartridge? Get my father to bring some of his vintage vinyl from the 60s... And everyone will be looking for the local CBD.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #28 of 96
Do you guys think Schiit would send over a Sol if asked kindly? I just want to see it. Looks badass. Maybe @Destroysall could provide a cartridge? Get my father to bring some of his vintage vinyl from the 60s... And everyone will be looking for the local CBD.

Maybe if I ask REALLY nicely... I'll give it a try my dudes. They may be a bit short on actual units to send out, is the only thing I'm worried about.

Sep 4, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #29 of 96
I'm new to the audiophile world and I'll probably come.

I don't have anything fancy to bring but if I do come I'll bring:
Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Closed
HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back