Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 30, 2019 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 96

Coolzo

500+ Head-Fier
LATEST UPDATE: TOMORROW (SATURDAY) IS THE DAY!!
funch said:
To anyone who has never been to one of these meets, they are the most laid back get togethers you'll ever experience. No pressure, just hangin' out with friends, including the ones you haven't met yet.

Even if you're just curious about it, but don't have any gear (yet; you will after you attend, trust me), just come and hang.
We're currently locked in for October 5th at our usual spot (see address in bold). Post your thoughts, and what gear you'd be bringing! Same stuff applies regarding used gear sales/trades, etc; please read the slightly-modified copy pasta below.

IMPORTANT FOR ALL ATTENDEES:
We ask that you stop at the table at the room entrance to sign in. We'll issue you a name tag to list your name and Head-Fi name.
2. At the sign-in table, you'll be issued a single raffle ticket at no cost so you may have an opportunity to win a plethora of gear we'll be giving away to a few of our lucky members or guests. We do ask that members are in attendance at the time of the raffle to win. If you step out for lunch or whatever you may be doing, please just make sure you're back in time. We'll hold the raffle at 3PM sharp!
3. THERE WILL BE FREE FOOD.
Chicken tenders, teriyaki skewers, cheese, fruit, chips and salsa, coffee, iced tea, and of course water.

List of contributing insiders:
Schiit Audio: Sponsorship, SchiitKit (+rag2!), raffle item (Lyr 3 multibit).
Acoustic Designs: Acoustic Designs is a local audio and home automation showroom based in Scottsdale. As they have recently added headphones to their repertoire, @vinyl head will be attending with a large selection of various items (CLICK ME). Also up for the raffle is an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt USB DACamp! There will be a Cobalt available both in the main raffle, and another one in Acoustic Design's own contest (see their table).
ampsandsound: ampsandsound will provide their Encore headphone amplifier for demo at the meet.
Audeze: Audeze will be at the meet once more! In addition, they are offering up a pair of Sine DX headphones as a possible raffle prize!
iBasso Audio: John from iBasso will be bringing two tables worth of equipment! Full lineup from iBasso including amps, DACs, and DAPs. There will also be both dynamic and electrostatic amps from Linear Tube Audio, and the HiFiMan Jade II electrostatic headphones!
Big Ear Stereo: A new dealer from Tempe and our second local insider, they will be showcasing the KingKo Ka101 integrated amplifier, Manley Absolute headphone amplifier, Elekit amps, and many more high-end goodies!
Meze Audio: Meze Rai Penta IEMs!

Date & Time:
Saturday October 5th, 2019*
10:00AM-6:00PM
11460 W Hilton Way
Avondale, AZ 85323

*Wifi Password is HGI321*

**Please note the starting and ending times. For whom it may concern, setup start time will be the same as the previous meets**

Vendors, industry insiders, and all sorts of gear welcome of course! Our friends at Schiit will be sponsoring the event once again :) We will be meeting in the same space as last time. Finally- BYOPS: Bring Your Own Power Strip!!!

Raffle:
There will be a raffle! This time, tickets will not be for sale; each attendee will receive one (1) FREE entry into the drawing, they need only put their name on a signup sheet at the event. As stated above, entrants must be present at the time of the drawing (3PM) to win. Names will be drawn and awarded one at a time; each winner will have the opportunity to choose one (1) item from the remaining prizes. Possible prizes include a Schiit Lyr 3 Multibit tube hybrid headphone amplifier/USB DAC, a pair of Audeze Sine DX open-back on-ear headphones, a pair of Monolith M1060 (courtesy of a Head-Fi member) planar magnetic over-ear headphones, and an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC/headphone amplifier! Possibly more TBA.

Food and other stuff: At lunch time during the meet, attendees should note that there is a Culver's and a Ruby Tuesday's in the same parking lot, as well as a plethora of places near the i10/101 intersection. I should also reiterate:
There will be free food! Yes sir: chicken tenders, teriyaki skewers, cheese, fruit, chips and salsa, coffee, iced tea, and of course the finest water with lemon.
Please let us know what gear you'll be bringing, and it'll be placed below. Also, make note of any audio items you might like to sell at the meet. Member attendees, also feel free to list any used gear you might have for sale at the time of the meet (listed at the bottom of this post). Attendee inquiries only, please.

List of present gears (continually updated, italics might be present):
-Schiit Kit:

Ragnarok 2 (fully loaded w/ multibit)!
Asgard 3+Multibit DAC!
Bifrost 2!
Lyr 3+Multibit DAC (also one on raffle!)
Valhalla 2
Modi 3
Loki
Magni 3

Grado GS3000
MrSpeakers Ether 1.1
Sennheiser HD800S
ZMF Auteur

Member gear (does not include sponsor/insider/loaner gear, probably partial list):
Headphones:
Audeze LCD2-C
Audeze LCD-3
Audio Technica ATH-W5000
Denon AH-2000 (HEAVILY modded, wood cups!)
Focal Clear
Fostex TH-X00 (mahogany)
'PlasticPantz' T50RP mod
Hifiman HE-6
Klipsch HP3
Meze 99 Classic
ModHouseAudio Argon (T60RP edition)
Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Closed
Nectar Sound (electrostats, Stax compatible)
Sennheiser HD8000SDR
ZMF Aeolus
ZMF Auteur
ZMF Ori

Headphone Amplifiers:
Bryston BHA1
Decware CSP headphone amp prototype (very very tweaked)
Decware SE84UFO+headphone adapter
Grommes PHI-26
HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2
Schiit Mjolnir 2
Woo Audio WA6-SE (gen2)

DACs:
Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus
Crane Song Solaris
Schiit Bifrost Multibit
Schiit Gungnir Multibit
Schiit Yggdrasil (analog gen2)

...and that's only a small part of it! Make sure you look around, and check out all the things 'n' stuff.

The hour is nigh. Let's do this!
Post any gear you may be bringing!

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 96
Only three more years til I can join yall.
Have fun!

Jul 10, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 96
I’m really excited to attend this one!

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 96
I’ll be bringing.....
Gumby/MJ2
ZMF Aeolus
ZMF Ori
Klipsch HP3
Focal Clear
Audeze LCD2-C
Denon AH-2000 (heavily modded)
Meze 99 Classic

I’ll ONLY bring if requested.
*Senn HD650 and 58X Jubilee
*Fostex TH-X00 Purpleheart (modded)
*Sony MDR-Z7
*1MTDOE
*Grado Nhoord Red drivers w/Rholupat wood cups.

Within the next few weeks or month, I’ll reach out to as many members of the trade as possible to see who’d like to attend. I’ll update Joe (@Coolzo) when or if anyone is secured to join us.

Looking forward to it. See you guys in a few months.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 96
Greetings everyone. I'm planning on being there. My gear list will include:

Schiit Yggdrasil A2
Woo Audio WA6-SE (2nd edition)
ZMF Auteur
Audio Technica ATH-W5000

I look forward to seeing you all again.

Aug 2, 2019 at 1:16 AM Post #10 of 96
Would you look at that, just in time for me to be in the market for a good open-back. Hopefully I'll be able to make it out, quite a drive as always.

A few pieces of gear I've been hoping to demo;

Headphones
- Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro
- Audeze LCD-X
- Sennheiser HD 800 S
- HiFiMAN Edition XX / Ananda / Arya
- Audio-Technica AD####X series

Other
- RME ADI-2 DAC

If I do end up making the journey, I'll bring a few
- Fostex T50RP MKIII (Modified, BMF inspired variant)
- Koss ESP/95X + E/90x Energizer
- Schiit Lyr 2 w/ some tubes and LISST
- Maybe my PAT4, or McLaren 702 speaker amp if someone had a mind to try it with an electrostat energizer.

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2019 at 1:26 AM Post #11 of 96
After missing the last two, I definitely need to be at this meet. Not sure what I will bring yet.

Aug 6, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #12 of 96
This may be of interest....these guys are in Scottsdale.
Screenshot_20190806-101311.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back