1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7
Next

Last
  1. funch
    Balanced or SE? Either way, I've got it covered.

I've amended my post on what I'm bringing. Might change again. Who knows?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    cskippy likes this.
  2. cskippy
    Thx! Probably single ended for the best versatility. I’ll bring one balanced cable with me and a single ended adapter.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  3. funch
    Hey Bzzzzzt, you coming?

4. Coolzo
    15696186378018810635583240859962.jpg
    A cool flight case (courtesy of ampsandsound) and some other Schiit showed up for the meet today... WhAt CoUlD iT bE? :L3000:

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    funch and cskippy like this.
  5. BBGirl
    wont miss this one

6. uninked
    The headphone world will be brand new to me, so I'm looking forward to checking this out. If there's interest, I can bring:

Grommes PHI-26
    KingKo KA101

I understand these 2 are excellent headphone amplifiers, but I use them on efficient speakers.

Coolzo and cskippy like this.
  7. BzzzzzT
    Sorry for the late heads up. I will be attending! I am in the process of moving into a new larger place and I have been crazy busy.

I'll bring my big DIY amp. I redid the headphone circuit a 3rd time and it's sounding really good. I'm working on a killer OTL design inspired by Joe's MLB using 6n6p that I am super excited about and a bigger 6l6ish amp with 2 taps for hi and lo cans. These should be done next year when I have more time. I'll also bring my Arcam irDAC and maybe one of my Little Dot amps.

As always I can bring many tubes. I will go ahead and bring my standard collection so people can try different tubes in their amps.

Coolzo likes this.
  8. Toshu
    Due to unforseen changes, I wont be able to attend, so I wont have me CDs there. Hope to see you guys another time.

9. vinylvalet
    Big Ear Stereo, a new dealer in Tempe, AZ will be attending. We are the exclusive US importer/retailer for the new Kingko KA101 Pro headphone and speaker integrated amplifier. The original Kingko KA101 was released several years ago and reviewed at Dagogo: https://www.dagogo.com/kingko-audio-ka-101-integrated-amplifier-review/ The new model has improved headphone performance and other new features and enhancements.

We'll also be bringing the Manley Absolute Headphone Amplifier, Chord Mojo, Qutest & Poly, ifi Pro iDSD along with several headphones.

Big Ear Stereo
    Tempe, AZ 85281
    (602) 376-7136
    vinylvalet@msn.com

Mr.Sneis, koover and uninked like this.
  10. Coolzo
    Awesome! It's been a long time since I've heard a PHI-26, will be looking forward to hearing it again with more mature ears.

Welcome, we'll be glad to have you!

uninked likes this.
  11. koover
    Excellent.
    Looking forward to having you join us. See you Saturday!

12. vinylvalet
    Thank you Coolzo and koover!

13. vinylvalet
    uninked and koover like this.
  14. EvilGnome6
    Dang it! I just found out about this and I can't make it. How often are these held? Is there a way to get notified?

15. funch
    They're held twice a year. Now that you've posted in this thread, you will receive a notice when anyone posts here, including when Coolzo posts a link to the next meet thread.

EvilGnome6 likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4
6 7
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.