1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fourth: October 5th, 2019

First

Back
3 4
Next

Last
  1. vinyl head
    Good morning all, Im new to head fi, and am very interested in your October event. I could bring a set of Mr. Speaker Ether 2 and Ether C Flow, Audeze LCD-4z and LCD 3, and a set of Focal Utopia. A head phone amp/dac Iike is the SPL Ponitor XE and a brand new release from Gold Note that Im hopping to get in a few weeks

VRacer-111 and cskippy like this.
  2. cskippy
    I hope I don't miss this one, might have something cool to bring...

koover and Coolzo like this.
  3. Coolzo
    Hype dude LOL

Welcome vinyl head and Acoustics Designs! That's some nice gear... The SPL and Gold Note gear really piques my curiosity, as well. We'd be glad to have you! Hope to see you in October.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  4. koover
    I hear good things about your shop! Alan from The Source AV told me about you. I’m going to do my best to come see you this weekend or in the very near future. Maybe we can chat for a bit?
    Your perspective lineup you’ll hopefully bring looks great and we’d love to have you attend. Looking forward to meeting you.
    G

5. vinyl head
    Check shop hours, currently shop is appointment only on weekends

koover likes this.
  6. vinyl head
    Any interest in auditioning the new Audio Quest Cobalt Dragonfly at the meet? I would also be willing to throw one in for the raffle if that dosent break any rules, again Im a newbie so just getting a feel for the do's and don'ts on Headfi

M3NTAL likes this.
  7. koover
    That would be great. I personally want to try the cobalt as I already have the DFR.
    We do raffles all the time so that would be most welcomed if you’re offering up.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  8. vinyl head
    Swing by and pick one up

9. VRacer-111
    Nice that you are supporting this event...part of the like I gave was for the Miku avatar though... :)

Can't attend, but have decided to send something for y'all to listen to. Will talk with Greg about it and send it to him. It's the custom electrostat I recently got from Nectar audio, the Nectar Sound. Had it cabled using a STAX SRE-725 extension cable. Reminds me very much of the STAX SR-404 Limited - one of the bassiest electrostats I've ever heard and more warm, full bodied, and laid back compared to the newer L series STAX. Would say it has more subbass than the 404 Limited. Will also send Koss E/90x Energizer bought from Spritzer with STAX adapter he made and a Schiit Loki with it. They do come more alive (especially the subbass) with a full-blown estat rig though...so if there is full blown estat setup in attendance I would highly recommend trying them on it. Really impressed with them for the price, figured I'd share something rather unique that I think is pretty good (with 2 caveats that do need to be noted.)

[​IMG]

The 2 caveats are:
    1. They are more on-ear than over-ear, so comfort is not as good as most STAX or other fully over-ear electrostats
    2. They are very easy to get the driver diaphragm to stick to a stator and the sound thusly goes wonky on that side (NO bass, much different tone). I will give instructions on recovering from stuck diaphragm, because it WILL happen... press just a little too much to seat a pad...and there goes the sound. They basically require having them on and in position before you connect them to the energizer/amp and then turn the energizer/amp on. You have to be VERY careful with positioning/repositioning them on your head.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  10. vonh
    Had to update my post, will now have some ESP/95X with me if I make it.

Astral Abyss likes this.
  11. Astral Abyss
    Sweet, I'd love to try those. Hope you can make it!

12. Astral Abyss
    Do you guys think Schiit would send over a Sol if asked kindly? I just want to see it. Looks badass. Maybe @Destroysall could provide a cartridge? Get my father to bring some of his vintage vinyl from the 60s... And everyone will be looking for the local CBD.

Coolzo and Ken G like this.
  13. Coolzo
    Maybe if I ask REALLY nicely... I'll give it a try my dudes. They may be a bit short on actual units to send out, is the only thing I'm worried about.

Astral Abyss likes this.
  14. Ziltoid2112
    I'm new to the audiophile world and I'll probably come.

I don't have anything fancy to bring but if I do come I'll bring:
    Mr. Speakers Aeon Flow Closed
    HeadAmp Gilmore Lite mk2
    Cambridge Audio DacMagic Plus

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    koover, Astral Abyss and Coolzo like this.
  15. cskippy
    Any of the new Schiit gear would be awesome to get if possible...Asgard 3, Bifrost 2, Sol...

koover and Coolzo like this.
First

Back
3 4
Next

Last