[RESCHEDULED, SEE NEW THREAD] Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon the Fifth
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2020 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 191
I missed the last meet and don't want to miss this one. I know you guys put a lot of effort into it and they're always a lot of fun. So, unless I end up buying something new before the meet, here's what I'll likely bring with me:

Schiit Yggdrasil A2 with Unison USB newly installed
Woo Audio WA6-SE (2nd gen)
ZMF Auteur (bocote+brass)
ZMF Aeolus (blackwood+copper)

I've got a new Norne Draug3 cable terminated with a 1/4" adapter that I got specifically for my ZMFs and tube amps, so I'll bring that too. Sometimes I just stare at it while listening to music trying to figure out how he braided so many wires with perfect uniformity.

Feb 22, 2020 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 191
Looking forward to the meet and seeing everyone again. As always, we’ll make sure we take care of you guys and ensure everyone has a great time!

Anyone else thinking about attending?

***ZMF Aeolus ,ZMF Ori, Klipsch Heritage HP3, Focal Clear, Audeze LCD2-C, Denon AHD-200 Modded
***Audeze Isine 20, Simgot EN700 Pro, Radsone EarStudio HE100, Status BT Transfer Gunmetal
***Schiit Mjolnir 2, Schiit Lyr 3, Balanced Schiit Gumby Multibit Gen5
***Boatload of tubes

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020 at 9:22 PM Post #6 of 191
Grado SR 325, Dan Clark Audio (Mr Speaker) Ether 2, Audeze LCD-4z and LCD-1, Sennheiser HD 800, Feliks Audio Echo amp, Gold Note DS10 DAC/AMP Chord Electronics HugoTT2/ M Scaler.
Worth going just to hear the tt2/mscaler. :)

Mar 5, 2020 at 10:19 AM Post #8 of 191
Grado SR 325, Dan Clark Audio (Mr Speaker) Ether 2, Audeze LCD-4z and LCD-1, Sennheiser HD 800, Feliks Audio Echo amp, Gold Note DS10 DAC/AMP Chord Electronics HugoTT2/ M Scaler.
Add Dan Clark Audio (Mr speakers) Aeon Flow 2, open and closed back. I will also have my display pairs of the Aeon Flow open and closed back that I well be selling for 450.00 ea. only one pair of each

Mar 7, 2020 at 10:33 PM Post #10 of 191
I will definitely plan on attending. I don't plan on bringing any gear as I am overhauling my whole setup. I am working on learning some new circuits and improving my electronics skills to hopefully have a nice DIY parafeed amp with CCS driven grids etc etc later this year. I also bought an amp with a similar topology, that I am excited about that I should have later this year from a really awesome DIY builder whom I admire.

As always, I can bring tubes from my stash if anyone has anything specific they want to try or to roll. Just let me know and I will bring them. I also have lots and lots of defective, shorted, weak and naughty tubes if anyone wants them for steampunk art, decoration, fun in the microwave etc.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #11 of 191
UPDATE: Chris @Destroysall, Greg @koover, and I have decided that, amidst escalating COVID-19 concerns, we will be postponing the fifth Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon until further notice. This is unfortunate, but we must proceed with the safety and health of everyone in mind, as with any other entity across the US. Lord willing, we will be able to resume this Head-Fi meet later in the year. Stay tuned for updates. Be safe, play some games, watch some Netflix, stay positive!

Mar 27, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 191
UPDATE: Chris @Destroysall, Greg @koover, and I have decided that, amidst escalating COVID-19 concerns, we will be postponing the fifth Arizona Head-Fi MiniCon until further notice. This is unfortunate, but we must proceed with the safety and health of everyone in mind, as with any other entity across the US. Lord willing, we will be able to resume this Head-Fi meet later in the year. Stay tuned for updates. Be safe, play some games, watch some Netflix, stay positive!

Understandable given the situation. Hopefully we can still get something together in 2020!

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #13 of 191
Just ran across this thread. I 100% agree with the decision to postpone. Who knows what I'll bring. I might remember to bring me. I have built a Raspberry Pi based streamer that works fabulously, but since it requires a direct ethernet connection, I probably won't be able to demo it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back