Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015
Feb 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #16 of 173
sure i can bring in the PHI-26.  it's sitting idle right now.  proper tables are a good idea, especially if turntables and phono-stages are involved.  in the past i have been reluctant to bring in the macintosh receiver/thorens turntable i had, the flimsy looking tables left me apprehensive.  do we have an official date yet?  if not i vote 'after' spring semester and before 'summer' semester starts, lol.  

No concrete date yet, but it will likely be late May. If not, early June, so hopefully it won't interfere too much with the summer semester (fingers crossed, it'll be prior to)

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:44 AM Post #17 of 173
Subbed!
popcorn.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:06 PM Post #19 of 173
  Here's the thing, we were considering on moving to a room at the Central Phx library. The room is fairly spacious, a bit more than the one at Harmon library. The problem was that the room has no Wi-Fi, which I know a few members utilize. If this is not a problem however, we can consider this room. 

Well, I use the data plan on my phone.
I use an iPhone so it is capable of setting up a hotspot.
However, if the total data used goes over the data plan that I pay for, the extra fee is expensive.
Maybe multiple people can set up hotspots?

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:17 PM Post #20 of 173
Well, I use the data plan on my phone.
I use an iPhone so it is capable of setting up a hotspot.
However, if the total data used goes over the data plan that I pay for, the extra fee is expensive.
Maybe multiple people can set up hotspots?

Possibly, although I think I'd like to reiterate: We are likely no longer going to consider the Burton Barr library as a location.

Feb 18, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #22 of 173
I plan to attend - bring more things :)

Another idea, how about a hotel conference room? I can check into a local Hampton Inn and see if I can use points to reserve a room or what the cost would be. Hotels are generally nice as they are close to good food and the freeway.

Feb 19, 2015 at 3:32 AM Post #23 of 173
  I plan to attend - bring more things :)

Another idea, how about a hotel conference room? I can check into a local Hampton Inn and see if I can use points to reserve a room or what the cost would be. Hotels are generally nice as they are close to good food and the freeway.

Hmm.. do let us know if you find anything out. That would be great!

Feb 28, 2015 at 4:57 PM Post #26 of 173
Apologies all for the relative lack of updates. So here's the current status: tonight, myself and Garage will be viewing a large room at the Hampton Inn near the airport. There is a very strong possibility that we will meet at this location this summer. It is at about 44th street and the loop 202 freeway. That is near Sky Harbor International Airport, and as such there should also be plenty of food places around and whatnot. Still, Chris and I will attempt to have food on site at the meet, however we may (due to higher overall costs) require a signup list for food- this would incur a small fee on those who signup. But I must reiterate: This does not mean there will be an entry fee. It only need apply to those who wish to take part in consuming a delicious six-foot sub again 
biggrin.gif

So I must ask: Does this location work for YOU guys? Thoughts on the food signup? I await everyone's response and look forward to another successful meeting!

Feb 28, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #28 of 173
  Apologies all for the relative lack of updates. So here's the current status: tonight, myself and Garage will be viewing a large room at the Hampton Inn near the airport. There is a very strong possibility that we will meet at this location this summer. It is at about 44th street and the loop 202 freeway. That is near Sky Harbor International Airport, and as such there should also be plenty of food places around and whatnot. Still, Chris and I will attempt to have food on site at the meet, however we may (due to higher overall costs) require a signup list for food- this would incur a small fee on those who signup. But I must reiterate: This does not mean there will be an entry fee. It only need apply to those who wish to take part in consuming a delicious six-foot sub again 
biggrin.gif

So I must ask: Does this location work for YOU guys? Thoughts on the food signup? I await everyone's response and look forward to another successful meeting!

A larger venue is always welcome. I didn't realize you were considering moving to a larger venue! I am curious what fee is for the day? Does this fee include setup and cleanup fees? Are there other "hidden" fees hotels sometimes charge? Will they provide power distribution to all tables? I have one hotel in mind (in Scottsdale) at the time was very accommodating for the Arizona meets I had organized.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #29 of 173
A larger venue is always welcome. I didn't realize you were considering moving to a larger venue! I am curious what fee is for the day? Does this fee include setup and cleanup fees? Are there other "hidden" fees hotels sometimes charge? Will they provide power distribution to all tables? I have one hotel in mind (in Scottsdale) at the time was very accommodating for the Arizona meets I had organized.

Considering the attendance we had last meet, and that we were using all the tables and space available at the location, we figured it was time for a move. The cost is $500 for the whole day, and tonight we will inquire about other possible fees. The total costs will be split between several of us (the majority of which will be the money we raised in the raffle last meet).

In any case, this is why we are going to charge about a $5 fee for those who wish to eat the food we will provide on-site. If you want to show up and pick up your own lunch elsewhere, that's fine too! Although I do believe we will place a limitation on bringing outside food into the room, for the sake of cleanliness among other things.

Feb 28, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #30 of 173
That seems fine to me too. I've already started rotating my gear so I should have some new stuff for everyone to demo. I'll do almost anything location wise so you can count me in either way. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back