Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 18, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #226 of 327
Very interesting. I think I'm able to attend.

If you guys do need more power conditioners and power strips, I can bring my power plant p5 and QLS F1000. The problem is the P5 is a little bit heavy to carry.

I currently have the DT880(600ohm), K1000, Legend-R Ciem with TWAU and NT-6 Ciem with TWAG v3 hybrid. I also own the DN2000 iem and MDR1A but I think you guys won't be interested :lol.
If you guys have great amps there, I wish I don't have to bring mine since they are too heavy.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #227 of 327

If you guys do need more power conditioners and power strips, I can bring my power plant p5 and QLS F1000. The problem is the P5 is a little bit heavy to carry.

I currently have the DT880(600ohm), K1000, Legend-R Ciem with TWAU and NT-6 Ciem with TWAG v3 hybrid. I also own the DN2000 iem and MDR1A but I think you guys won't be interested :lol.
If you guys have great amps there, I wish I don't have to bring mine since they are too heavy.

I'd love to hear the K1000! You have it up for sale don't you? I wish I had the money to take it off your hands! Such a unique headphone.

On a side note: I have sold my DT880s and have bought some K550s so I should have those at the meet if anyone's interested.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #228 of 327

Any extra power would be very much appreciated; I reckon there will be some amount of daisy-chaining at this meet in that regard. I can understand not wanting to deal with the hassle of the beefier conditioners/supplies though... and that K1000! Bound to be a hot attraction, no doubt. Will be looking forward to it!

This meet is shaping up to be one fantastic event so far! Fingers crossed

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #229 of 327

I'd love to hear the K1000! You have it up for sale don't you? I wish I had the money to take it off your hands! Such a unique headphone.

On a side note: I have sold my DT880s and have bought some K550s so I should have those at the meet if anyone's interested.

Sounds great. BTW, why you buy several K550s? Does K550 has different versions?
confused.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #231 of 327
Any extra power would be very much appreciated; I reckon there will be some amount of daisy-chaining at this meet in that regard. I can understand not wanting to deal with the hassle of the beefier conditioners/supplies though... and that K1000! Bound to be a hot attraction, no doubt. Will be looking forward to it!

This meet is shaping up to be one fantastic event so far! Fingers crossed

I'll do my best to bring the power conditioner there.

However, if there's no amps with 4-pin xlr output, my K1000 won't work...
I can't bring the amp and the power conditioner at the same time since they are too huge.

The source could be a problem too. My source is a 32 kg cdp, so impossible to bring there...

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #233 of 327

I can't bring the amp and the power conditioner at the same time since they are too huge.

The source could be a problem too. My source is a 32 kg cdp, so impossible to bring there...

I'm sure there's someone bringing something with a 4-pin XLR. Out of curiosity what amp are you using for the K1000? They are very power hungry, correct?

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #234 of 327
  I'm sure there's someone bringing something with a 4-pin XLR. Out of curiosity what amp are you using for the K1000? They are very power hungry, correct?

That's nice. I previously used the BAP1000 as a pre amp and Little_dot Mk6+ as a power amp to drive the K1000.
However, the Mk6+ is not a good choice to drive the k1000 so I sold it. BAP1000 is a good pre amp for K1000, but it still need a great power amp to get better sound.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #235 of 327

Ah I see, I suppose I'm spoiled for transportation space as I drive a Hummer H2. Perhaps there is a fellow head-fi'er nearby that can assist with bringing your gear? Small chance, but you never know.

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #236 of 327
  That's nice. I previously used the BAP1000 as a pre amp and Little_dot Mk6+ as a power amp to drive the K1000.
However, the Mk6+ is not a good choice to drive the k1000 so I sold it. BAP1000 is a good pre amp for K1000, but it still need a great power amp to get better sound.

Yeah, that BAP1000 is a pretty sizable amp!

Jan 18, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #237 of 327

My BA has a 4-pin XLR output and should pair nicely.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2015 at 10:26 PM Post #240 of 327
I built a box for balanced connections for my Taboo II; both dual 3 pin as well as 4 pin. It connects to the Taboo using banana plugs, so it could be used on any amp that has banana jacks.

I'm bringing my Power Plant and I'm old, so no sniveling. 
biggrin.gif
   I will probably bring our van so I can also bring the same dolly I brought last time.

I have an idea of building/bringing a couple of cords with a 4-outlet box. This would help deal with the outlet-lite room that we'll be in. I'll keep ya'll posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back