Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th, 2015
Jan 13, 2015 at 12:53 AM Post #151 of 327
  Hello! This will be my first meet I've ever attended. Is it ok if I don't bring anything? I'm just looking to audition the headphones that are there
smily_headphones1.gif

That's completely fine, in fact it's encouraged. There's usually a plethora of things to listen to, people to discuss music and audio, and at this go-round, FOOD! Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Chris

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #152 of 327
That's completely fine, in fact it's encouraged. There's usually a plethora of things to listen to, people to discuss music and audio, and at this go-round, FOOD! Hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Chris

He's aliiiiive! The great Christopher Allen lives!

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #154 of 327
Hmm, I almost bought the K7XX but decided to save for my Fidelio X2 instead. I wonder how they compare... oh well. I like me X2 :D
Just everyone get your ears over to the library by any means possible on the 24th, gear or not! I promise, the dark side (meaning the act of listening to gear one cannot possibly afford within 5 years) is well worth the experience...

Jan 13, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #155 of 327
Guys I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a used pair of Fostex TH500RP but the reviews haven't been that great... I want to grab and new something to bring to the meet but I'm not sure what to get?? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:16 PM Post #156 of 327
Guys I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a used pair of Fostex TH500RP but the reviews haven't been that great... I want to grab and new something to bring to the meet but I'm not sure what to get?? 

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

:evil:

Lol sounds like you have a case of chronic upgraditis. Specifically it looks like you have Fostex Fever (as flamboyant as that sounds). How much you looking at spending? You could always take a gander at the HiFiMan offerings .

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #157 of 327
Hmm, I almost bought the K7XX but decided to save for my Fidelio X2 instead. I wonder how they compare... oh well. I like me X2 :D
Just everyone get your ears over to the library by any means possible on the 24th, gear or not! I promise, the dark side (meaning the act of listening to gear one cannot possibly afford within 5 years) is well worth the experience...
I won't be able to afford any of your guys' setups for about 8-9 years...

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #160 of 327

Any ideas? 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

I'd personally vouch for something from the Beyerdynamic Tesla line. Both their T 1 and the T 90 look so inviting. Definitely would love to hear those. Heard the T 1 a few meets back and it was marvelous!

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:17 PM Post #161 of 327

Any ideas? 

The offer on my K712 still stands.... See you there :wink:

Jan 13, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #162 of 327

Do you think you could bring in your LCD 2 and HD650?
I'm dying to hear one of those, it would be great if you could bring them! g
smily_headphones1.gif

The X1s were already pretty jaw-dropping for me. The X2s? (Drools) thanks to DemonFox

Hmm, I'm excited to hear the X2s but I've never heard them or the X1, L1, L2. I wonder how they compare.

Quote:
Anyone here have any experience with IEMs?

IMHO, the Shure SE215 was once a budget king, but it may not be the best bang for your buck anymore. It is still good, but there are others to consider. Main points of the SE215 is that they are dark but offer superb isolation like all Shure IEMs. 

The RHA T10s are pretty bassy, according to reviews, especially with the metal housing contributing to the sound reverbations inside. RHA T10 is pretty good for the price, they have a V shaped sound signature. However, they have a vent so isolation is not the best, and the cables are not replaceable. Quality of the T10 may vary as some have reported a driver or the cable failing within one month of use. One of the main advertising points of the T10 is the interchangeable filters. Do not be fooled by this because the filters mainly affect only the treble. The filters progressively decrease the treble, resulting in an added perception of more bass, but the IEM itself is already pretty bassy. 

My primary recommendation if you are able to afford it is the Fidue A83. 
.......actually, because you are coming from and M-80, I think I would rather recommend the T10 from RHA. The Fidue A83 may sound too light on the bass for you. The bass on the T10 is nice and tight.
Quote:
Come on in! Moar pplz. Your profile says that you have some K7XXs? 0_o
And you flip balisongs eh?

Yes haha I do have the K7XXs and I do flip balisongs 
smily_headphones1.gif

I can't bring the K7XXs though, a friend of mine is borrowing them.
Also, I don't think I will be bringing any knives :wink: I don't think that they are legal for me to carry around. They're mainly just for flipping at home and staring at, just like my audio gear lol
Someone should make a hat that says "Youngest Audiophile" and take it to the meet.

I would definitely wear a hat like that
I'm quite sure that I will be the youngest audiophile there
I am pretty new to audio, I've only had this hobby for around a year
and I'm 17, still in high school

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:08 PM Post #163 of 327
I'd personally vouch for something from the Beyerdynamic Tesla line. Both their T 1 and the T 90 look so inviting. Definitely would love to hear those. Heard the T 1 a few meets back and it was marvelous!

I can second this recommendation, actually. Thinking about T90s and eventually a T1 for myself somewhere down the line, but I have to take care of my vinyl and speaker rig first.

Also of note: I decided to get the Teac UD-H01 DAC instead of the Parasound Zdac. I will be bringing this along with my recently acquired Ultrasone Proline 2500 headphones, and my SX-780 will also be making a return to add more vintage flavor :) need to get my hands on some DeoxIt though...

EDIT: and yes, I will still be bringing the X2 and vinyl rig :p

SECOND NOTE TO ALL ATTENDEES: I have been alerted that some pre - super bowl events will also be starting on the 24th. All coming from the north or west, keep this in mind, as traffic may or may not be cooperative. Not sure which roads will be blocked off yet, but I know it will be somewhere around Jefferson.

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:18 PM Post #164 of 327
I can second this recommendation, actually. Thinking about T90s and eventually a T1 for myself somewhere down the line, but I have to take care of my vinyl and speaker rig first.

Also of note: I decided to get the Teac UD-H01 DAC instead of the Parasound Zdac. I will be bringing this along with my recently acquired Ultrasone Proline 2500 headphones, and my SX-780 will also be making a return to add more vintage flavor :) need to get my hands on some DeoxIt though...

EDIT: and yes, I will still be bringing the X2 and vinyl rig :p

SECOND NOTE TO ALL ATTENDEES: I have been alerted that some pre - super bowl events will also be starting on the 24th. All coming from the north or west, keep this in mind, as traffic may or may not be cooperative. Not sure which roads will be blocked off yet, but I know it will be somewhere around Jefferson.

I'm thinking about either the T1 or HD800 as my next upgrade. Still need to hear them but they both are a good match with my current source chain. Also, thanks for the heads up on the traffic. I'll make sure to embark extra early just in case!

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:28 PM Post #165 of 327

Any ideas? 

The offer on my K712 still stands.... See you there
wink.gif

LOL What was the offer?? I don't remember!! 

I have been looking at the K712 tho... The one I heard at the meet reminded me of the HD700 but with more kick. Very nice mix 

And yes I have the bug!! The T1 we heard a few meets ago Chris was pretty special wasn't it! Not at all what I was expecting. 

So I would have to say the K712 and the T1 would be my top two 

Oh and price I'm looking to spend it $600 and under. More the under lol not really wanting to spend that much unless I find a stupid good deal on something. 

Thanks,

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back