Aries Cerat Kassandra II Mk2 DAC
Apr 18, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #31 of 34
  Yes, I have noticed also you import the VIVA 845.
Yet owning the 845 and 2A3.

End of month I meet with Amedeo and Giampietro.
Let's see how the Rockna performs with the VIVA amps in headphones rigs. Then I will compare with the Kassandra, I think mid-May.

The Kassandra is scary money. Would the Rockna really be at that performance level? 

Apr 18, 2017 at 3:13 PM Post #32 of 34
system dependent. they are similar but different approaches. similar in that they're both using resister conversion, different in
output stages and upsampling. Rockna does as little as possible to the signal off of the modules...it does give you some digital options as well. AC has a tubed output....great circuit with superb power supplies. my experience is that either would also benefit from a server made for the preferred input. (getting to 32 bit via the I2S in the Rockna is a notable improvement...already great but becomes even more liquid and analog.)
I'm fairly sure you'd hear it on your Zingalis and your Stax...even more on the speakers due to the spatial cues which get more natural and are more easily identified with speakers.

Feb 2, 2018 at 3:32 PM Post #33 of 34
Happy for someone but I’m out. Seriously impressive tho

Apr 21, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #34 of 34
FYI, some Infos that I received from Stavros Danos, the Managing Director of Aries Cerat Ltd :

" The Kassandra II series comes in two models,the Mk2,and the Signature Limited edition.

The Mk2 is already in production and available, lead time is 8-9 weeks after receipt of order,and is 18.000 Euros retail.

The Signature LE will be available in Q4 ,2015,and is 55.000 Euros retail.

Both model's output stage can drive easily headphones down to 120ohms directly,but have no volume control.The analog volume control is an optional module,at 1500e extra cost and is a remote controlled hybrid shunt-ladder,discrete-resistor attenuator.

Power output for headphone use is 0.24W (6Vrms) for 150ohm cans,and 0.2W for 300ohm.

Further specification are:

Output impedance: >40ohm
SE output( true balanced as option ,no extra cost)

Digital inputs:

Customized.
Any combination of Optical,AES,s/pdif

Asynchronous ,low noise powered USB,galvanic isolated
Double local re-clocking of data and clock stream

Sampling rate: up to 24/384KHz( USB input)
DSD over PCM (with software plugin)

Frequency responce:
-3db at full output : 6Hz~100KHz

Distortions/noise:

-80db 2nd Harmonic at -40db output level
-110db 3rd Harmonic at -40db output level
-120dbr noise floor

Power consumption: 170W"

a dac consumes 170w??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back