Are you serious with the headphone mania?
Mar 14, 2010 at 8:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 51

VALIENTE

1000+ Head-Fier
I assume that I have taken headphone world into a serious world already even though I have just spent around $500 (headphones, amp, etc.) since I joined this community. But I am happy with the money I've spent as a complement to headfi.

Fellow headfiers, at this time, how much money have you spent to show that you are really serious on headphones?

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #2 of 51
In the month I've been here, $300 or so. It's not much but at this point I'm still in my audiophile infancy and $200+ on headphones is a lot for me. Hopefully, I can stay happy with my D2000's for a while.

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #4 of 51
Well, take a look at my sig. I got the AD700 when I joined, stopped posting until about October, that is when I started researching and posting again. I racked up about 1,400 posts in 4 months
tongue.gif
I got mega addicted. Anyway, 3/4 of that stuff in my sig was purchased in a time frame of 3 or so week in December 2009
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:06 AM Post #10 of 51
I've spent quite a lot more than I should have, but I generally sell headphones that I'm not satisfied with, so my costs have been remotely reasonable (at least considering the number of phones I've been through...)

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:18 AM Post #11 of 51
well, kunalraiker, you actually don't have that many audio products tbh
tongue.gif
I started collecting at about the same time you joined head-fi (which is when I started posting). I consider myself to have a normal amount of gear, not too much, nor too little. I still have MANY things I want to get and try. Don't you still want to try AKG K701, HD600, HD650, DT880, PRO 750, PRO 900 etc? Or have you already tried the majority of those?

On my WTB list still lays things like a Little Dot DAC_I, Lavry DA11, Little Dot MKVII(+), Little Dot CDP_I (just want a transport) and a few more. On my want to try list, well, there are too many things to even list
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM Post #12 of 51
Quote:

Originally Posted by stang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well, kunalraiker, you actually don't have that many audio products tbh
tongue.gif
I started collecting at about the same time you joined head-fi (which is when I started posting). I consider myself to have a normal amount of gear, not too much, nor too little. I still have MANY things I want to get and try. Don't you still want to try AKG K701, HD600, HD650, DT880, PRO 750, PRO 900 etc? Or have you already tried the majority of those?

On my WTB list still lays things like a Little Dot DAC_I, Lavry DA11, Little Dot MKVII(+), Little Dot CDP_I (just want a transport) and a few more. On my want to try list, well, there are too many things to even list
tongue.gif

I agree, but that is why we arrange meets
atsmile.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:23 AM Post #13 of 51
Yes
biggrin.gif
I am bringing like all of my gear. I am going to have to make like 4 trips to the car and back
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #14 of 51
I'm completely satisfied with my AD900. I don't see any point of spending any money on an amp or better phones because i can't imagine the music i listen to would sound any better.

TBH, i don't think you need to spend much money at all. I find KSC-75's and a cheap Meizu M6 80% as satisfying as my AD900's...

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:29 AM Post #15 of 51
Well I have the AD700 and reckon they are absolute garbage for music
tongue.gif
Unbelievable gaming cans though
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back