Are You More of a album or song person ?
Nov 4, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #4 of 46
Album. generally don't skip or (shudder) shuffle

are members not allowed to put up polls unless their names are AdamCalifornia or DavidMahler?
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by mgrewe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's what I do almost all the time. I try to find the musicality within every song. If I skip over a song I feel as if I am cheating the artist.

Cheating the artist and myself. I don't really have that many albums, and I love all the songs on each one.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #6 of 46
it depends, I usually just put my mp3 player on shuffle and let it go, though lately I've been listening to whole albums. I don't really think it improves the song(s) worthy any in the context of the album, I've been doing it because all the songs are fansatic.

This is probalry because I mainly listen to heavy/"screamo" metal-- but I do think that prog albums should be listned to as a whole and not single songs(in general) since out side of context the songs usually don't have the same power they do when they flow toghether.

Nov 4, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cheating the artist and myself. I don't really have that many albums, and I love all the songs on each one.

I wish I could find albums like that. I think having music on a hard disc makes me more choosy as to what I let on it I don't want songs I don't like on it. I rarely put whole albums on it. and I listen in shuffle mode alot.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 46
I almost always listen to whole albums. My iPod and iTunes are set up to shuffle by album. There are a few albums that have a song that I really hate, but that's only a few out of 2700 albums. I don't always copy a whole classical album to my iPod if I have multiple copies of one of the works on the album.

I've also recently downloaded some free tracks from iTunes and Amazon, so I don't have the whole album for those.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #10 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by scompton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I almost always listen to whole albums. My iPod and iTunes are set up to shuffle by album. There are a few albums that have a song that I really hate, but that's only a few out of 2700 albums. I don't always copy a whole classical album to my iPod if I have multiple copies of one of the works on the album.

I've also recently downloaded some free tracks from iTunes and Amazon, so I don't have the whole album for those.

*blink* you can shuffle by album? is this some itunes/ipod only feature, or is bured somewhere in most mp3/music playing programs?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by muxenle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*blink* you can shuffle by album? is this some itunes/ipod only feature, or is bured somewhere in most mp3/music playing programs?

It's an option in iTunes and on the iPod, and one of many features of both that keep me using them.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

2700 albums only a few songs you really hate? wow, you must like anything.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #14 of 46
Quote:

It's an option in iTunes and on the iPod, and one of many features of both that keep me using them.

intersting, never noticed it, probarly because most of my music experince has been through ~50 dollar mp3 players and rhapsody music service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back