Are You Deranged Enough...
Jan 1, 2008 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

GlendaleViper

Yep, words.
...to decipher this? Here's the deal, there's an immensely popular instrumental tune from the 70s that I can guarantee most of us have heard hundreds of times in our lives. But here's the catch: In all the times I've heard the track, it's been on the radio and they don't tell you the name of the song nor the artist!

Now, I believe this is a one-hit wonder, but after hearing the song without the credit being given again today, I've finally had it. I want to buy their album, and I need your help.

Because I am a nut, however, you need to try to crack the code that is the following string of onomatopoeias without the aid of melody. Hopefully I can portray rhythm enough that it can be done. The person who figures it out and can name the song and band gets a cookie and a "certifiably insane" certificate. Here we go:

"Ba-da da da, da-da da daaaaaaaaa... Ba-da da da-da! (booga-chica-wocka-chica)
Ba-da da da, da-da da daaaaaaaaa... Ba-da da da-da!

Boodle-de-doo, bwah-nah da-da de-dooooo, diddly-BWAH diddly-bah doooooo, dig-a-ban-a bah!

(drum solos, psychedelic moog solos ensue)

Ba-da da da, da-da da daaaaaaaaa... Ba-da da da-da! (booga-chica-wocka-chica)
Ba-da da da, da-da da daaaaaaaaa... Ba-da da da-da!"

I have so much shame for not knowing who does this song (whatever the song is called
rolleyes.gif
). Please help! Good luck and God Speed. A cookie be yours for the taking!

Jan 1, 2008 at 1:02 AM Post #3 of 17
Jan 1, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #7 of 17
haha, I remember a thread like this on the Genesis message board. The first poster asked "can anybody help me figure out what song this is?" and then proceeded to fill the rest of his post with bas and das. After a page of "are you serious?!" somebody correctly guessed Watcher of the Skies
tongue.gif

Jan 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #10 of 17
Sounds like Frankenstein. Although the Ba-da da da, da-da da daaaaaaaaa... Ba-da da da-da! looks like part of Tequila by the Champs.

Jan 1, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #12 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by mwallace573 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Went over it again, and I'm pretty sure it's Frankenstein.

YouTube - Edgar Winter Group - Frankenstein

Woah. I've never heard the full version before. Pretty damn cool.

Have I told you lately that I love you? You win the cookie my friend! Thank you for solving a decade-long mystery that a self-professed classic rock nut should never have needed to ask!

Jan 2, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #14 of 17
I remember having "They Only Come Out At Night" on 8-track in the seventies. Frankenstein would fade out as it switched tracks and continued on the next track. I wore that tape out!

Jan 2, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #15 of 17
I cant read any phonetic song notes without instantly trying to fit the Rocky theme tune to them in some manner. Especially when its ba and da.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back