Are you a slider, my buddy thinks I am...
May 23, 2005 at 12:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

bhd812

Headphoneus Supremus
Not sure but My buddy says to me the other day "whenever I am with you driving I notice lots of street lights go off, it only happens with you."

I joked about it and said something like "Thats why I am a lighting guy."

then he sends me this link .....

http://paranormal.about.com/library/....htm?once=true

I think its a complete laugh

May 23, 2005 at 12:59 PM Post #2 of 33
He he i dont know about that. Maybe you are driving a lot lately so it happens more often to you than an average person. On the other hand i wouldnt argue with Princeton!
biggrin.gif

May 23, 2005 at 6:29 PM Post #4 of 33
When reading the title the first thing I though of was "Seinfeld" where Elaine has the 'slider' magically appear at just the right time or disappear at just the wrong time. "He's a"slider"!, Jerry."

I do have a friend that has to use a wireless keyboard and mouse. If he uses anything with a cord on it it ends up blowing up. His body is all screwed up and will send electrical shocks of current through wires.

The reason why the street lights go on or off is because of their built in thermal circuits. If they overheat they turn off. When they cool off they turn on.

May 24, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #6 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
The reason why the street lights go on or off is because of their built in thermal circuits. If they overheat they turn off. When they cool off they turn on.

Bingo. That site is a bunch of BS.

May 24, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #7 of 33
I wouldn't totally dismiss the idea of SLIders.
My step daughter kills watches and light bulbs on a regular basis. I've seen little bolts of electricity jump from her finger to a light switch and then the bulb connected to that light switch goes out. The only watch she can wear is one with a heavy plastic band that goes behind the watch itself, or sometimes a pendant watch will last for a little while. I regular metal case metal band watch dies in less than a day after she puts it on.

May 24, 2005 at 3:54 AM Post #8 of 33
Makes sense to me. Afterall epilepsy is basically your body shooting out all sorts of crazy electrical signals. Maybe some people do that 24/7 to a much lesser degree (but still more than "normal" folk and more than normal electronics were made to handle).

Life is crazy
tongue.gif

Speaking of which, my monitor turned off for no reason yesterday. Huh.

May 24, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #9 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter
sliders%20home.jpg

You have nothing useful to say, only references to other things! Shame on you!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I cant decide whether this post of mine is tongue in cheek or not, because you do seem to have only-quote or only-picture posts a lot
confused.gif
Pwned.

May 24, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 33
Billie Jean. MJ is a SLIder.

May 24, 2005 at 6:57 AM Post #14 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX
Wow, if you can learn to control electric charges the possibiities would be endless. Imagine mind impulse control tv remote.
cool.gif

I would just use it to shock people. lol

May 24, 2005 at 4:56 PM Post #15 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sduibek
You have nothing useful to say, only references to other things! Shame on you!

tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I cant decide whether this post of mine is tongue in cheek or not, because you do seem to have only-quote or only-picture posts a lot
confused.gif
Pwned.

praise from ceaser.

DOUBLE PWNED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back