Are you a console or PC gamer?
Nov 5, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #692 of 968
On a whim I bought a new monitor. It's an Omen 27. It's kind of an interesting monitor: it's 1440p and 165hz with G-Sync. I actually bought it because I wanted to try out high refresh gameplay, and this monitor was marked down significantly from its MSRP. It was normally $800, which is absolutely absurd, even for it's specs. At one point it was marked down to $500, which was somewhat competitive with other monitors, but it got one final markdown to $350, and that's when I decided to jump on it.

The downside to this is it's a TN panel. Colors are not great, viewing angles are garbage, and it's hard to go back to 16:9.

The upside is the crazy high refresh rate. I've never used anything more than like 75hz, so this is a huge jump. Like, a game changer for FPS and the like. Especially with G-Sync, the experience is just so much smoother. Even sub-optimal framerates feel better.

It's definitely not going to be my daily driver, but it's an interesting experience none-the-less. The next time I'm in the market for a new monitor I'm definitely going to look into high-refresh ultrawides.

Nov 10, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #695 of 968
I own all consoles, but once i got my 120 Hz G-Sync monitor, its hard to go back to them, so mostly PC. But lets see when the 4K OLED arrives with X1X, might shift my interest.

If that happens, then connect your PC to the 4k OLED!

Nov 13, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #698 of 968
I used to be a huge console gamer growing up, but I am now leaning more towards being a PC gamer. I think it just has more to do with the fact that I only had my PC in college, and thus I ended up playing more games on it.

Nov 14, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #699 of 968
I never owned a console so I used pc for my gaming needs.

Dec 14, 2018 at 6:25 PM Post #702 of 968
I prefer playing FPS on PC with keyboard, mouse and a high refresh rate monitor. I just find it frustrating on consoles. When it comes to other games, like multi-platform, I'll pick PC if the developer is known to do good PC games. I prefer having the best graphic I can. Otherwise, I'll play console especially for exclusive games on PlayStation.

Mar 2, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #705 of 968
I've always owned consoles as a kid (starting with the NES) cause I could never afford to have a good enough PC to properly game on. I played DOS games, point & click adventures and the Sims though and some others.

The last consoles I bought were the 360 and the PS3. I just stopped gaming for a long time due to "life" and other circumstances. When I started to get back into gaming again, none of the consoles stood out to me enough that made me want to spend the money. I instead invested in upgrading my PC so that I could finally play whatever game I wanted to. Right now I'm slowly working through my backlog. I have a lot of games I never even played on the last gen consoles. There are a bunch of Sony exclusive games that look good, so I would like to get a PS4 someday...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back