Are you a console or PC gamer?
Nov 27, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #601 of 968
Did you see those photos? Everyone is right next to each other. I'm surprised you'd rather share a screen than sit right next to each other and use your own and enjoy the real estate.

That's completely different than sitting on a couch with friends and sharing a screen. Sharing the screen lets you share powerful emotions that you wouldn't necessarily get when using separate screens. You get to watch the other players play. Plus there are games where everything is on one screen anyway.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:50 AM Post #602 of 968
I was REALLY wanting that case myself, but the availability is so random. I would love it though. Just stick a nice i5/i7 with a 1080ti and call it a day. That or the Caselabs Bulletcase BH2 or BH4. But that too has sporadic availability.

So, something very close to the Dan A4, the Ghost S1, just released on Kickstarter today. I went in for one. (I am not affiliated with them at all, just like the case.) If you missed the A4, or just like sexy looking mini-ITX cases, this is a good substitute (might even be better.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/louqe/ghost-s1-mkii/description#

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:23 AM Post #603 of 968
So, something very close to the Dan A4, the Ghost S1, just released on Kickstarter today. I went in for one. (I am not affiliated with them at all, just like the case.) If you missed the A4, or just like sexy looking mini-ITX cases, this is a good substitute (might even be better.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/louqe/ghost-s1-mkii/description#

Yeah I saw it today on JayzTwoCents channel.

I have a Fractal Meshify C case for my PC (still not completed). I figured I'm ok with a mid tower for home. I want small form factor more for a transportable rig which I don't really have a strong need for right now, but would like.

Something with a handle though, like the Lian Li TU200, but more current.

Nov 30, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #604 of 968
Yeah I saw it today on JayzTwoCents channel.

I have a Fractal Meshify C case for my PC (still not completed). I figured I'm ok with a mid tower for home. I want small form factor more for a transportable rig which I don't really have a strong need for right now, but would like.

Something with a handle though, like the Lian Li TU200, but more current.

The Ghost S1 folks mentioned in the KS comments they will be making a number of different "tophats" and "bottomhats" accessories if the campaign is successful, and they specifically mentioned a handle. (Usual caveat of "things Kickstarters say" applies obviously..)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 12:33 PM Post #605 of 968
I’m addicted to battle supremacy other wise known as tank on my iMac . I like the head to head action, folks just rage and rage. I have a ps4 and strangely don’t use it much, find the control tricky.
Addicted so much I think I have repetitive stress injury from my mouse on my right tricep

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #606 of 968
I have a ps4 and strangely don’t use it much, find the control tricky.

Hmm. The PS3 controller was the most intuitive for me, and PS4 is mostly the same. But I've been a console gamer for decades.

I haven't gotten used to using a keyboard as a controller, and you can't do many things with a typical keyboard. (Like precise three-dimensional control over movement of both characters and cameras with the dual joysticks of a PS3 controller.)

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #607 of 968
Like anything if i stuck it out long enough id get the subtleties of the x and y axis control, i tend to overcompensate. So wsda for up down left and right are easy for me. except my right tricep thats f^%d

Nov 30, 2017 at 1:54 PM Post #608 of 968
Like anything if i stuck it out long enough id get the subtleties of the x and y axis control, i tend to overcompensate. So wsda for up down left and right are easy for me. except my right tricep thats f^%d

I suppose that makes things simpler, but it can't work for games with more precise joystick features like Final Fantasy XIII-2...which was later released on PC as well. I guess some PC gamers are using some sort of controller that gives them more precision. I think this was discussed earlier in this thread, but I didn't bother remembering.

Nov 30, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #609 of 968
The Ghost S1 folks mentioned in the KS comments they will be making a number of different "tophats" and "bottomhats" accessories if the campaign is successful, and they specifically mentioned a handle. (Usual caveat of "things Kickstarters say" applies obviously..)

Very interesting case. In the meantime though, I'm going to go with one of the absolute smallest ITX cases I can find that can fit a full sized GPU, for my secondary PC (which won't be used primarily for gaming but whatever). The Sentry is probably the smallest:

http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/

But that's too hard to acquire. So I'll have to go with a Fractal Node 202 or something from Silverstone.

Dec 1, 2017 at 1:22 AM Post #610 of 968
Very interesting case. In the meantime though, I'm going to go with one of the absolute smallest ITX cases I can find that can fit a full sized GPU, for my secondary PC (which won't be used primarily for gaming but whatever). The Sentry is probably the smallest:

http://zaber.com.pl/sentry/

But that's too hard to acquire. So I'll have to go with a Fractal Node 202 or something from Silverstone.

Yeah the Sentry is a great case. Liters wise I think it's about the size of the Dan A4, but when you get down to the 7L-ish area it's really about the console footprint vs. shoebox footprint preference really. If I had not already bought the Dan case (2 of them! what is wrong with me) I'd have probably also gone for the Sentry. Other than headphones, good looking mini-ITX cases are my other guilty pleasure...

Dec 1, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #611 of 968
I'd have bought the Corsair 380t if they kept making it. Now it's a chore trying to hunt one down for a reasonable price.

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #612 of 968
Have you fellow PC gamers ever added up the total cost of your PC build, including all peripherals and A/V components? You might be surprised if you don't buy everything at once. My WIP build (all parts ordered, waiting on a few) is rather scary... $6,874.40. Not all bought at once but still.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #613 of 968
Like, everything connected to the PC? I have one PC in my living room hooked up to an OLED TV, SoundBlaster X7 and HD800S, so that one would add up to a pretty penny. There will be a Realiser A16 in there next year also...

Dec 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #614 of 968
Have you fellow PC gamers ever added up the total cost of your PC build, including all peripherals and A/V components? You might be surprised if you don't buy everything at once. My WIP build (all parts ordered, waiting on a few) is rather scary... $7,373.40. Not all bought at once but still.

Total cost including stuff I no longer own? If I use the original MSRPs, it would be multiple five figures worth of audio equipment...but I haven't done anything fancy on the PC side yet.

As you may recall, I only have an Alienware M11x R2 laptop. Although it has good specs (quad core i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, etc.), it's literally falling apart at the hinges. Not a good value either...originally paid $1,400 for it. I'm sure I could get a pretty nice custom desktop for that much that would be vastly better.

Oh, and I'd say I'm not a qualified PC gamer yet since I don't do PC gaming all that often...

1dd.gif

There will be a Realiser A16 in there next year also...

Can't wait until I eventually try that! It's obviously impossible to fully replicate the experience of listening to loudspeakers with headphones, but I'm sure it will make it a lot closer.

Dec 2, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #615 of 968
Like, everything connected to the PC? I have one PC in my living room hooked up to an OLED TV, SoundBlaster X7 and HD800S, so that one would add up to a pretty penny. There will be a Realiser A16 in there next year also...

Yes, literally everything connected (and also the OS), but only the stuff used for gaming. Let's hear your price, especially with the Realiser factored in haha.

@Music Alchemist - Yeah, gaming laptops cost way more apples to apples than a desktop. More than double even.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back