Are you a Basshead? Or a Treblehead? Or a Midrange head? A Flathead? Or....?
Jan 4, 2013 at 1:41 AM Post #79 of 109
Treblehead or basshead, none if them! Neutral! But lately i found out when there are strong basses the music bexomes more pleasureable..

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Jan 4, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #80 of 109
Quote:
Treblehead or basshead, none if them! Neutral! But lately i found out when there are strong basses the music bexomes more pleasureable..

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

So you are a "neutral with slight bass tilt" head (pretty common), meaning you will probably dig planars.

Jan 4, 2013 at 8:38 AM Post #82 of 109
I love music? If it sounds crap I stop listening and listen to something else!

When I bought my headphones I went to a local hi-fi shop and listened until I found the sound I liked with my music. This is clearly why I fail to see the logic behind buying high quality, and usually expensive headphones/speakers/amps/dacs e.t.c, and then trying to alter the sound they make by adding distortion 
confused_face_2.gif

I guess I'm a purist, but I just love music, and bow to the expertise of the artists and recording engineers.

But of course this is just my opinion and ymmv!

Edit: I was going to say ' Flathead ' but I like my music to sound as it did when it was recorded, which is rarely flat....so I guess I'm ' seeking something else ' 
beyersmile.png

Jan 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #84 of 109
Depends on my mood...

Sometimes I long for flatness, sometimes for epic bass...
Sometimes I geek out on EQ tweaking, sometimes it's all about 'stage...
There's a place in my heart for whichever gear I buy
I guess that's why I feel so at home on Head-fi...

Jan 8, 2013 at 1:46 AM Post #85 of 109
I think I'm firmly in the Treblehead camp.
I started my journey with IEMs, starting with V-Moda Vibes and Hippo VB's. Didn't know much about sound back then, so I just went for the bassiest sets I could find. Moved onto full sized cans after that, getting my hands on a Sony XB500. Bass was great but I really hated how the rest of the spectrum sounded muffled and terrible. M50's were eye-openers for me, giving me an overall better sound that I was searching for.

I wanted in on more, so I gave a shot at the 300+ market, trying an Ultrasone Pro 900 just over a year ago. At the time, I recall how clear and sharp the sound was, I was hooked instantly. People called the Pro 900's sibilant and bright but I loved every moment of it. Memories of an unburnt Pro 900 still give me the goosebumps, that effect having long gone. Having recently bought a AKG K550, I think I'm solidly liking brighter sound signatures.

I've tried headphones like the HD600 and whilst smooth and relaxing, it just doesn't feel like I'd want to listen to them for many songs. My Dad, also being an audiophile (albeit a speaker one) seems to be convinced HD600's sound superior overall, telling me that as I move up headphones, I'll eventually turn to darker sound. 

I guess only time will tell.

Jan 8, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #86 of 109
I'm pretty much anything but a basshead.  Grados with flat pads are about as bass heavy as I care to get.  Cans like the MDRV6 and DT770 for example are a bit too much.

Jan 8, 2013 at 6:19 AM Post #87 of 109
i suddenly realize how much my preference towards bass has changed since 2 years ago,
coming from a HD202 i thought the SRH940 had absolutely no bass. but now i find that the SRH940 has enough bass and the HD558 has pretty powerful midbass
blink.gif

Jan 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #88 of 109
Depends on the song, really. I just play with the EQ's settings and settle with the sound that I like. I think I'm really subjective when it comes to my music.

Feb 4, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #89 of 109
Yes I have different EQ for different genres and also quality of the source file... I have a bit of an OCD problem with tweaking the 32 band EQ on foobar...

eg.

Smooth EQ setting for poor quality source files.

Uber bass setting for electronic music.

Flat setting for other genres...

1000th post oh yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back