Are these MTPC fakes?
Jul 29, 2010 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tim3320070

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry if this has been asked before:
http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-TURBINE-PRO-EAR-HEADPHONES-COPPER-EDITION-/180539487696?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2a08fdf5d0

Fakes or not?

Jul 29, 2010 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 15
tbh I can't tell the real from the fake ones anymore on ebay and any other similar market. Just like the IE8 it is hard to tell from pictures. I would buy it from a store that you know sells real such as their authorized dealers.

Jul 29, 2010 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 15
One thing though. How would you ever fake Supertips. That would be almost as hard as making fake Coppers. Anyway, they are paypal protected. I say go for it, then let me know if they were the real deal.
wink_face.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:05 AM Post #7 of 15

Quote:
One thing though. How would you ever fake Supertips. That would be almost as hard as making fake Coppers. Anyway, they are paypal protected. I say go for it, then let me know if they were the real deal.
wink_face.gif

LOL

The story I heard is that they never give you super tips including with IEM

What you get will never match photo you saw

Jul 30, 2010 at 1:28 AM Post #8 of 15
one word:

don't buy the coppers from ebay. they are 100% fake and you will not get a sealed package. if you buy them retail from amazon, they send the package factory sealed, and you get the real deal. if you buy it from ebay, you get an unsealed package and you will most likely not only receive a pair of bogus coppers, but not get most of it's real accessories.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #9 of 15
weird how everything this guys sells recently are Monster headphones.
If it's fake, I sure would like to know where to find fake SuperTips....

But then again, funny how these two listings have almost identical pictures
http://cgi.ebay.com/MONSTER-TURBINE-PRO-EAR-HEADPHONES-COPPER-EDITION-/180539487696
http://cgi.ebay.com/Monster-Turbine-Pro-Copper-Edition-BNIB-/190422578191

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:41 AM Post #10 of 15
On June 14th he got feedback saying the Lady GaGa's he sold were fakes. I'm sure they were. How would you ever think they are fake unless they are. The question is, if those GaGa's were fake, wouldn't that mean that all the other Monster products he sold are fakes too. Why would you sell one fake product. The crazy part is how did this guy get away with selling so many fake Monsters IEM;s? Didn't anyone else know? He has sold over 50 pairs of Monster IEM's.

Jul 30, 2010 at 2:49 AM Post #11 of 15
judging by the shared stock pictures, chances are they are fake.
I am just amazed at how much money IEM knockoffs are making in the world today.

Jul 30, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #12 of 15
Speaking of sealed coppers, i had mine today sealed from a reputable company and i've no reason to doubt they are not the real deal but i do have a real shortage of medium tips only two sizes of black supertip and certainly nowhere near the amount i've seen in many reviews.

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:08 AM Post #13 of 15
The irony is that if they used a picture of a sealed box (you can probably get one off Amazon) and raised the price to be more realistic, it wouldn't seem like a fake.

Jul 30, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #14 of 15

Quote:
Speaking of sealed coppers, i had mine today sealed from a reputable company and i've no reason to doubt they are not the real deal but i do have a real shortage of medium tips only two sizes of black supertip and certainly nowhere near the amount i've seen in many reviews.

The first pair I received were from older stock, and had all black super tips, one of each size, but two mediums (one already on and a spare) plus the standard single flange in all sizes, one large triple and one small triple and the super foams, one in each size.

My replacement pair, has a larger assortment and the colors vary w/size now.  I think they added one more size to both the super foams and the super tips.  If you're unsure if you received all the tips, you might want to send a PM to SoundMatters12 and ask him for help.  Hopefully yours are just older stock and not fakes.

Oh and I love my MTPC's..
ksc75smile.gif

Jul 30, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #15 of 15

The first pair I received were from older stock, and had all black super tips, one of each size, but two mediums (one already on and a spare) plus the standard single flange in all sizes, one large triple and one small triple and the super foams, one in each size.

My replacement pair, has a larger assortment and the colors vary w/size now.  I think they added one more size to both the super foams and the super tips.  If you're unsure if you received all the tips, you might want to send a PM to SoundMatters12 and ask him for help.  Hopefully yours are just older stock and not fakes.

Oh and I love my MTPC's..
ksc75smile.gif

Thanks, i sent him a pm.

Although now i'm starting to wonder myself about these, just putting them away i noticed the right wire is longer than the left by a good inch, which seems a bit strange to me.

I'm still sure they are the real thing as they sound really smashing but i'm starting to think i have a repacked pair, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back