Are these Monster Turbines real?
Jun 7, 2011 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

audioKyle

100+ Head-Fier
So i bought these Monster turbines off of Amazon a week ago. I bought it from Pavillion Electronics since it was $20 cheaper. So i got them yesterday and was really happy. It's not exactly the headphones that looks or seems fake but the cases that makes me wonder. The headphones look real from the photos and videos i have seen them in but it is an older model. It has a straight jack, not as much strain relief and no cable slider.

The cases look really nice! Probably the nicest headphone cases i have seen. First is the snap close case. It looks real but the inside is rusted. It could be because i choose free shipping so it took 2 weeks to get here and i live in hawaii so the salt air could have rusted it. The other case is suede. I thought it was supposed to be leather. And both of it's sides are different. Take a look.

Jun 7, 2011 at 1:23 AM Post #2 of 4
The old model had a straight jack. It doesn't come with a cable slider. The case of mine is exactly the same regarding the sides not being the same.

Take that for what you will.

Jun 7, 2011 at 3:46 AM Post #4 of 4
As has been covered about 15 times:

They come with a straight and an angle plug depending on what build version you get (newer with the angle).

They do not have a chin slider like the Pro (Copper/Gold/MD) versions do.

The pictures on the box are incorrect or inconsistent with what is actually IN the box (i.e. monster logo on earphones, the fact that it states there is a chin slider when there isn't, etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back