Are these e4cs fake?
Jul 25, 2008 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

sambo60

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I'm new here. I just wanted to ask if these e4cs are real. They are priced at $90 and I don't think they are real. Tell me what you think. Click here to go to the listing on eBay.

Jul 25, 2008 at 6:51 PM Post #2 of 13
Those ones look ok. There's a few other threads (and a sticky) about fake ones...take a look around...and welcome!

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:09 PM Post #3 of 13
I've read through a few of those threads. I just wanted to see what an expert would say, especially because there is only one small picture on that listing. I think I'm going to ask the seller for more detailed pictures. Is $90 a good price for these?

Jul 25, 2008 at 9:04 PM Post #4 of 13
Does anyone else have an opinion on this?

Jul 25, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #5 of 13
Perhaps it is a problem with the photo but on the left piece the metal housing ring should be flush and line right up with the plastic housing piece but it is not even close in the photo. See it?

$90 is really low for a brand new pair. Hard to find anywhere under $170

Other than that they look authentic but the ultra low price makes me leary.

Ask the seller to give you the serial number on the cable and then ask Shure. They should be glad to help you with something like that to keep fakes off the street.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps it is a problem with the photo but on the left piece the metal housing ring should be flush and line right up with the plastic housing piece but it is not even close in the photo. See it?

$90 is really low for a brand new pair. Hard to find anywhere under $170

Other than that they look authentic but the ultra low price makes me leary.

Ask the seller to give you the serial number on the cable and then ask Shure. They should be glad to help you with something like that to keep fakes off the street.

the housing "problem" might be due to the photoshop cropping sensitiveness. Usually the best is to have a picture with the name of the seller and the date on a piece of paper so he won't show you pictures from Shure's website.

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM Post #7 of 13
I suppose that could be photoshopped as well. Anyway, this seller has only been selling shure stuff (and not for that long). A week ago he had a bunch of listings for shure e4cs go down and when I asked him he said it was because ebay suspected unauthorized access to his account. He told me to look at his other user id. I did, and shortly the e4c listings went down again. So I am very wary of buying from this guy. I could send a message to the people who bought the e4cs from him in the past and ask them for pictures of the actual product, but they would feel really bad if I showed them that they were duped.

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #8 of 13
I would suggest that you request more pictures. The one in the auction looks generic and is blurry. Ask for close ups on the plug and the earpieces. But also you see that there's 2 other auctions that the seller is selling and all are E4cs so that should bring some suspicions. I would stay away from these...

Jul 26, 2008 at 12:40 AM Post #9 of 13
not sure about the iems, but to me that picture and price does look dodgy indeed.

Jul 26, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #10 of 13
Well I was just asking out of curiosity mostly, as I have the se530 coming in the mail (probably tomorrow). I've been using e2cs for about 2 years, and I decided to upgrade. I couldn't justify paying $500, so I got them 3 months used on ebay for $247 shipped. I thought it was a good deal. Hope I like the earphones
biggrin.gif

Jul 27, 2008 at 4:22 AM Post #13 of 13
Well I got my se530s today, and even though I'm not an audiophile, I really love them. They are sooooo comfortable and sound perfect. I think it's time to reencode my whole music library
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back