Are there headphones that work with glasses?
Sep 14, 2014 at 6:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

GerGa

New Head-Fier
Hey guys I was wondering if there are any decent headphones that I can wear while wearing glasses?  These over ear headphones seem like they might not work.  My brother has some kind of over ear AKG's that were 150 or so but they don't work with glasses.
I am looking for headphones for general duty like at my computer for music or sound when I don't feel like switch on my Emotiva Airmotiv powered monitors(anoying sometimes to switch on two monitors just to listen to some youtube clip real quick.  I could also use the headphones for listening watching a movie at night on my TV so I don't have to wake up people sleeping up stairs.  My couch for the TV is next to my computer desk so I can use plug the headphones into my Emotiva Stealth DC-1 external soundcard which has a headphone port.
I never owned over ear headphones but it would but was toying with the idea.  Guess they would be better for movies.
I have Sansa in ears but those would be no good for movies, also used to own Sennheiser on-ear phones but that's the best I ever used so I don't have much experience.

Thanks

Sep 14, 2014 at 7:32 PM Post #2 of 5
I found that once I started getting into headphones, I had to change my glasses. I used to have thick plastic frames, but then I went down to some minimalist wire frames which didn't interfere with over ear headphones as much. 

What kind of glasses frames do you have?

Sep 14, 2014 at 8:23 PM Post #3 of 5
I have metal frames. Not really small but not big. They don't lay down too close to my head though. I think glasses that have arms that lay close to the head would help. Just tried on the AKG 702. It is not that bad but the way it presses on my glasses is annoying.

Sep 15, 2014 at 1:04 AM Post #4 of 5
The Sennheiser Momentum's are pretty good for their price. The on ear model should not interfere with metal frames although I hear the over ear model sounds even better. Most headphones should not be a problem unless they have significant headband clamping force.
The Mometum's are the only low impedance headphone's I have any real experience with so maybe others can chime in with other manufactures and models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back