Are there any places in Sydney where I can buy IEMs?
Jun 15, 2011 at 7:43 AM Post #3 of 6
Hmm, here are my suggestions for places where you can see, buy (and maybe even try) IEMs:

Wicked Digital is probably the first option that springs to mind. A little showroom where I've been a few times to audition stuff, and prices pretty decent (though still not competitive with overseas prices).

Audio Technica now has a dedicated store at the bottom floor of the new CBD Westfield building, and JB Hi Fi on the top floor has a pretty comprehensive selection of headphones from the usual suspects (Skullcandy, AKG, Sennheiser). Not sure about their IEM's, but they have a wide range of headphones you can try.

There are also some online stores like minidisc.com.au but you can't really take a look before then.

If I can think of any more places I've stumbled into I'd post them, but its pretty slim pickings in Sydney - especially for IEM's as opposed to headphones. Hope that helps =)

Jun 15, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 6
Haha unfortunately given the size of the market for high-end earphones in Sydney, your convenience is not really a factor. It's possible to get high end UE's at Dick Smith, or high end Sennheisers at Harvey Norman? 

*EDIT* Actually, I just remembered - DJ Warehouse in 
Leichhardt has a pretty good selection also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back