1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Are there any LDAC headphones without Sony's bass heavyness?

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by Pro-Jules, Dec 8, 2018.
  1. Pro-Jules
    WH 1000x M3

High frequency content and overall soundstage soundsbAMAZING over LDAC with 96k 24 bit material - but the overpowering bass boom (like + 5 db) ruined it for me.

Where are the high end LDAC headphones?

Are there any?

(meanwhile I will explore APTX HD models instead)

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  2. rkw
    I believe that only Sony makes wireless headphones with built-in LDAC. You could look at other Sony models, but their ANC wouldn't be as good as the XM3.

An alternative is to use an LDAC capable Bluetooth receiver such as Radsone ES100 or FiiO BTR3 that you can use with any headphone. It wouldn't be as convenient as a fully wireless headphone, but at least the phone/player remains wireless.

3. Pro-Jules
  4. rkw
  5. Pro-Jules
    Tried it a few days ago - Thanks

Tried B&W PX today - APTX HD also didn't like - sending both back

WH-1000X M3 is still the best so far with its LDAC hi frequency delivery. (Amazing on snare drum and brass sections)

If the other two APTX HD headphones I have on order don't beat it I will crack the Sonys open and try to mod em to reduce the sub bass.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  6. SoundSafari
    Did you try the FiiO BTR3, it's got an App for EQ, you'll be able to turn down the bass there.

https://www.fiio.com/btr3

7. SoundHelmet
    mobius is ldac.