Are there any good IEMs like Hippo VB with detachable cables?
Feb 21, 2012 at 12:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Rakielis

New Head-Fier
I have the worst luck with cables.  In one year I have gone through a pair of RE-0 and two pairs of Hippo VBs and in all of them the cable has shorted out.

I use my headphones...excessively.  I am very careful to not toss them around, pull on them or damage them, but I do use my headphones a lot.  I use them for going to and from school and also for while at school and I go for a walk every night with them as well.  It's safe to say they are used for over 4 hours a day.  

So with that in mind, are there any headphones that are like the RE-0s or Hippo VBs in terms of quality and sound but with detachable and replaceable cables?  I'm sick of having to mail them off to get repaired or just buying new pairs.  I would really just prefer to replace the cable every now and then just by unplugging it and plugging in a new cable.  

Feb 21, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #4 of 9
The Sony EX600, ER4P/S, HF5, B2, M4, CK100Pro and CK10 are pretty close to RE0 in term of soundsignature and few has replaceable cable.

Feb 22, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #6 of 9
I highly recommend the SE215's. And as far as I'm concerned, the VB's are known for their bass and the SE215's have the deepest and punchiest bass compared to many of those that ZARIM mentioned.
Just don't forget to burn-in if you get one, if you are an average consumer I am sure you will like the sound quality because I believe that's mostly who they made it for.

Mar 1, 2012 at 5:37 AM Post #7 of 9

Sorry I am very late in replys. I do not have RE-0 but I do have the Hippo VB. Hippo VB has bass dependent on the 3 disks you choose but it does not have detachable cable.

Quote:
do they have a similar sound to the RE-0 and Hippo VB?

Mar 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #8 of 9
Are you sure you are not mistreating your IEMs? I know you say you take care of them, but sometimes people don't even know what they are doing wrong. Some basics include keeping them loosely wrapped in a pouch/case when not in use, never winding them around your mp3 player/phone, avoid putting your player in tight pockets and walking around, etc etc. I had the RE0 for a protracted period of time, followed by many other IEMs and have never had their cables short out as often as yours do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back