Are the silver pieces of Denon AH-D2000 of plastic or metal?
Jan 15, 2009 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SkripT

New Head-Fier
Hi, I would like to know it beacuse I haven't found the answer anywhere. In some images all the silver parts seem that they are metalic, but in others they seem plastic
confused.gif

Thanks.

Jan 16, 2009 at 1:14 AM Post #4 of 12
afaik the entire cups are magnesium or something as well, thats at least what denon claims in the marketing literature (or its something like acetol/POM or something, who really knows, its dense, lightweight, has decent resonation, and is probably toxic if ingested)

but yeah, the silver/grey bits are magnesium

and it isn't faux leather, its pleather, which is something a lot better than stamped vinyl (there is actually a difference between pleather and faux leather/artifical leather)

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by obobskivich /img/forum/go_quote.gif
'and is probably toxic if ingested'

*Mental note - Do NOT eat/suck on D2k's whilst listening...*
icon10.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 2:52 PM Post #7 of 12
Hey SkripT,
I was also worried about the construction of the 2000s. The pictures on Headrooms website really dont do these justice. They are solid phones and soooooooo comfortable. You wont regret this buy, just give it 30 hours of burn in to tame the bass, its way over-bloated at first but calms down in time.
Kevin

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:12 PM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey SkripT,
I was also worried about the construction of the 2000s. The pictures on Headrooms website really dont do these justice. They are solid phones and soooooooo comfortable. You wont regret this buy, just give it 30 hours of burn in to tame the bass, its way over-bloated at first but calms down in time.
Kevin

one thing to note, they feel solid, but they aren't "rock solid", if that makes sense, treat them like you would a K701 or pair of Grado's, and they'll do fine, just don't be throwin 'em around your studio or dropping them and stepping onto them etc

also, dan halen rules

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by kboe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey SkripT,
Kevin

From what I understand, about 200 or so hours (250 is the common quote) is required to fully tighten the D2000 up. It's good that it sounds a lot better on the lower end early on in that process though.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:54 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what I understand, about 200 or so hours (250 is the common quote) is required to fully tighten the D2000 up. It's good that it sounds a lot better on the lower end early on in that process though.

oh yeah, totally agree, mine are probably at double or triple that figure, but I do know that between buying them in ~March and today/now, the bass has gotten a lot crisper/clearer [sic], and the mids/highs have come more into "line" with where I wanted them to be

the other thing that plays a huge roll in the LF on the D2k's is amplifier control, giving them a lot of power will get you a lot of bass, but its probably going to sound like a fart cannon, give them some HQ power, and the bass really gets its act together

Jan 25, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #11 of 12
Thanks again for your answers to all. Finally I have the D2000 at home and I'm very satisfied with them. Exactly the same punchy bass that I like and good detalied highs. They're are far better for heavy metal music than the Grado 325i that I had to return
mad.gif

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkripT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks again for your answers to all. Finally I have the D2000 at home and I'm very satisfied with them. Exactly the same punchy bass that I like and good detalied highs. They're are far better for heavy metal music than the Grado 325i that I had to return
mad.gif

I second that!! My 325i's are going on ebay this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back