Are the drivers the same in the Turbine, Turbine Gold and Turbine Copper?
Sep 19, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2 of 9
IDK if they are the same driver or not, however, each version of the Turbine has a different sound signature.  So even if it is the same driver, they are tuned differently. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:06 PM Post #3 of 9
I doubt they're the same but who knows. The Coppers sound considerably better IMO. Joker separates them only by a tenth of a point in his review thread, but to me it would be more like a .5 difference or higher

Sep 19, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #4 of 9

Quote:
I doubt they're the same but who knows. The Coppers sound considerably better IMO. Joker separates them only by a tenth of a point in his review thread, but to me it would be more like a .5 difference or higher

Quality is subjective. 

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #7 of 9

Quote:
Are you sure?

Yes...  Sound is sensed...  Sound quality is perceived.  The differences (though minor) begin in the fact that no 2 people will not sense sound exactly the same.  Sure, they will be very close, but it will not be exactly the same.  This difference won't play a big roll in terms of sound quality.  In order to get sound quality, you must first sense the sound (which there is a minor difference already).  However, how we perceive, or what we make of, the sound will differ greatly from person to person.  Our own preferences will always, unintentionally, be added to our perception of sound quality as well. 

For example, what just happened above.  You said you would have rated it differently than Joker.  You perceived the sound quality that came out of the headphones to be different than how Joker saw them (but you both heard the same sound, to some degree).  Since you both perceived the sound a different way, it [the sound quality] became subjective (separate from the [listener's] external body).  If it was objective, you both would have seen it the same way (and so would everyone else).  Due to the subjectiveness of how we perceive sound quality, we do have to take every review with a grain of salt.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #8 of 9
I appreciate the in-depth post but I was being facetious. lol I understand subjectivity.

I even said "but to me." I feel like a bit of a prick after that post of yours, sorry.
ph34r.gif

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:53 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
I appreciate the in-depth post but I was being facetious. lol I understand subjectivity.

I even said "but to me." I feel like a bit of a prick after that post of yours, sorry.
ph34r.gif

LOL, it's all cool, no need to apologize (or feel like a prick :p)
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back