Are sure se210s a good upgrade from my e2cs
Sep 16, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #2 of 11
wrong section bro

Sep 16, 2009 at 8:58 AM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ok computer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wrong section bro

confused_face_2.gif

anyway now don't get me wrong I've not heard the se210's but they don't get alot of love around here I don't think, unamped especially.
Would you look at another brand other than shure? as in what do you like about shure? the isolation? sound sig? etc.

Sep 16, 2009 at 3:02 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why?

Because you had originally posted this in the high-end audio forum, and the SE210 is the second-from-the-lowest model in the current Shure IEM line (in other words, the SE210 is upper mass-market grade, not audiophile grade). High-end audio forums are usually reserved for stuff like $1500+ amplifiers, $2500+ loudspeakers, $500+ headphones/IEMs, etc.

Anyway, in my experience the SE210 is not enough of an upgrade from your current E2c to justify spending the $150 price that it's going for--in other words, you would have spent more money on the SE210 and the E2c combined than you would have had you gone for the SE310 (which is noticeably better than either the E2c or the SE210) to begin with. Don't get me wrong; the SE210 does sound quite a bit better than the E2c, but at its going price you're better off sticking with what you already have until you save up at least $250 for a meaningfully better set of IEMs.

Oh, by the way, I would have picked the SE210 if given the choice between the SE210 and a lower-priced Shure IEM and I could not afford to spend more than $175 on an IEM (assuming that I had never owned a Shure IEM before the purchase). Otherwise, consider other brands as alternatives--but be advised that many of them sound different rather than better or worse than the comparably-priced Shure IEMs.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:43 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by iwn730 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi im thinking of getting new ear phones my e2cs have finally died after 4 years so im going 2 get new ones are they good from upgrading from e2c.

Being a big Shure fan (I own SE110, SE310, SE530 and SRH840s) I would stay AWAY from the 210s. The lack of bass is really just too much to take.

Either go up to the SE310s or look elsewhere.

Sep 17, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being a big Shure fan (I own SE110, SE310, SE530 and SRH840s) I would stay AWAY from the 210s. The lack of bass is really just too much to take.

Either go up to the SE310s or look elsewhere.

I won't even advocate getting the SE310s either. There are more inexpensive alternatives with comparatively better SQ. Am sure I prefer Denon C751, C710 and the JVC FX500 to both SE210 and SE310. I really find it difficult to recommend the lower end Shure models to be honest.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:05 AM Post #9 of 11
I upgraded from my SCL2s (same as E2c) to the RE-0s and the sound signature change isn't too significant but the RE-0 just does everthing so much better. Having said that, my RE-0s have had problems and I've sent them back and so are with the Shures again but this only makes it more obvious to me how much better the RE-0s are.

Sep 17, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id suggest getting the PL-50 instead, its cheaper and better

Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I won't even advocate getting the SE310s either. There are more inexpensive alternatives with comparatively better SQ. Am sure I prefer Denon C751, C710 and the JVC FX500 to both SE210 and SE310. I really find it difficult to recommend the lower end Shure models to be honest.

And no IEM will sound good at all if you can't get them to fit properly. In fact, I did try a few of the alternatives, only to find myself almost completely disappointed in them. Sometimes I got a good seal on one of the above mentioned IEMs only to find that the midrange almost completely vanished from their sound (lots of highs and lows but no mids). Other times I got a bad seal, resulting in a thin and spitty sound. The flexible (silicone) rubber earpieces never stayed seated in my ears for more than a few seconds--they always worked their way loose (this happened even with the very largest sleeves that are compatible with those IEMs). Those two reasons are why I nearly gave up on IEMs completely.

Sep 17, 2009 at 10:21 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by HONEYBOY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I prefer Denon C751, C710 and the JVC FX500 to both SE210 and SE310. I really find it difficult to recommend the lower end Shure models to be honest.

The Denon C7's are the weirdest sounding, most painful iem's I've ever placed in my ears. The absolute lack of midrange, mixed with the overpowering bass, and piercing treble made them absolutely painful to listen to. Plus, the eartips are horribly designed and constantly fell out. If you like the Shure sound, and are looking for an "upgrade" to that sound, you're not going to find it in any Denon iem, it's a polar opposite in terms of sq.

I've owned the SE210's and SE310's, as well as every iem in shure's lineup except the SE420's, and I would reccomend the 310's as a more worthy upgrade than the 210's The 210's arent terrible, but they are notably more shrill w/ less depth & low end than the 310's. To my ear, the 310's sound very natural w/ probably some of the cleanest mid's I've ever heard. Very close in sound to the 530's w/ the major difference being less bass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back