Are my Triple.Fi 10's good enough for VST/Mixing/Orchestra score creating, or should i look into headphones?
Jul 31, 2010 at 3:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

crewxp

Head-Fier
Hey quick question. Im starting to pick up composing scores (mainly orchestra and piano), and it was advised to me to get a good set of headphones. Maybe AKG?

Anyways, I already have 2 pairs of Triple.Fi 10's. Do you audio engineers think that's sufficient for me for the type of music I'll be creating, or should I look into buying some headphones? Im recording MIDI through a keyboard, and hook it to Cubase to control my various VST's. I hear crackling sometimes when I play, but I think that could be my ASIO driver setup (Toneport UX1). I dont really want to buy some headphones if they dont make that much of a difference, but if it will allow me to hear the difference, I will.

Thanks alot!!

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #2 of 4
bumpity bump!

Just bought an Axiom, Keystation, about to buy a V67 or V87 or NT1A, low on money now, wondering if my triple.fi and z-5500 setup is good enough to mix and master.

yeah?

Aug 13, 2010 at 12:49 AM Post #3 of 4
I would say no. The TF10 probably isn't even designed for that purpose in mind, so get some cans.

What's your budget after the other equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back