Are my Sennheiser HD650 going to die?
Apr 2, 2006 at 5:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RTilbury

Head-Fier
I got a pair of Sennheiser HD650s used that are really in perfect condition. But the first day I noticed while plugging in my headphone cable that the right connection didnt click in like the left one. I didnt really think much of it and enjoyed the headphones that night with no problems. Well I took out my cable because I am trying to sell it and noticed that it was a bit harder to take out on the right side.

I decided to look with a flashlight into the holes to see what was up. On the left side inside each hole I can see 2 gold pieces. I cant tell if they are prongs, or circles. But they both look the same. On the right side I can see those two cold contacts in one hole, but in the other hole I didnt. Upon a closer look I can make these contacts out but they look as if they are pushed more to the left, definatly different than all the others.

Are these going to stop working? I have a very sick feeling that my headphones are going to start having the connection problems everyone else has described. But they arent doing it yet, at all.

What should I do? I am afraid to open these up and try to fix them like some of the threads state. Since these arent 2 years old yet can Sennheiser fix them under warranty? Any price estimations? How long do they keep them for?

Thanks

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:38 AM Post #2 of 5
Sounds like a normal variation in manufacturing; if you aren't experiencing any problems, I doubt you're suddenly going to get some.

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:43 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Sounds like a normal variation in manufacturing; if you aren't experiencing any problems, I doubt you're suddenly going to get some.

Yeah, you're probably fine. Honestly, sounds like pretty standard assembly line stuff. If the sound is peachy, then you're fine. The connector is just a little further in, but you're still making full contact. I wouldn't worry.

Apr 2, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by RTilbury
I just think it strange that I can barely see these connections in the one hole only. But the others are all exactly the same. Sigh.

I think that's just the way a lot of stuff made out of plastic is. Don't fret... if you saw my new SR60, you'd feel a lot better. I think someone at Grado was drunk when those were being made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back