Are my headphones DEAD [on one side]? :
Aug 12, 2002 at 3:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

badtz

100+ Head-Fier
If one side is not playing & when I move the balance from left to right and it stays constant [the volume] on one side.....

does that mean my headphones are dead [on that one side, & not fixable]???

It was working perfectly earlier......!!! Did I put the volume to high when I was burning in my 280 pro's??? :X

ERRR!!! If so, this is the 2nd pair I've sent back! [1st pair problem:: It was louder on one side]

Is there a fix for this if it isn't dead?

Aug 12, 2002 at 12:56 PM Post #3 of 12
Have you tried changing your source?

My Marantz amp lost a channel for no apparent reason... worried the hell outta me at the time, but as soon as I plugged my 'phones into my discman... all was fine
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 12, 2002 at 1:39 PM Post #4 of 12
Your hearing may be defective.

I would ask for a replacement.

...brain, that is. For me.

[edit: Note to self: do not attempt jokes in the midst of an allnighter.
frown.gif

In other news, first successful thread-crap!]

Aug 12, 2002 at 1:55 PM Post #6 of 12
If the volume in your working headphone side remains constant when you fully cycle the balance control, it sounds like whatever the balance control is on is malfunctioning. First, make sure your headphone cable connections to the earpieces are intact and then try the headphones with some other source. Make sure you plug the headphone plug all the way in. Good luck!

Aug 12, 2002 at 2:27 PM Post #8 of 12
okay, i just tried a different source..........

i was hoping it was my friend's defective cd-player & not my headphones....

but they are....... !!!! ERRRR!!!!!!

My next pair is going to be my THIRD pair of these things!!! Is the quality control that bad? Or am I just getting un-lucky???

1st pair : one side was louder
2nd pair: one side died

& of course BOTH died right when I was almost done doing the 40 hr. burn-in!!! ERRR!!

sending them back..................AGAIN

Aug 12, 2002 at 2:44 PM Post #10 of 12
i don't think they're BLASTING. they are a tad louder than what I would listen to them at though.

I hope that they're capable of playing @ that dB, even if I don't listen to it @ that.

frown.gif

Aug 12, 2002 at 3:07 PM Post #12 of 12
I got htem from SelectRebate............

For those interested though :: They are very good on their customer service. I called last time [which I'll have to do again when they open today] and they promptly gave me my RMA number & I sent it back to them that day. My product went from my place, to their's, and back to me, in 6 days! not so bad!

This really bites though! I hope this is not a quality control issue on Sennheiser's part! I don't want this to happen later in the future...........

having this happen is really making me think of getting the Sony 7506/V6 instead.......

[these are for studio purposes]

confused.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back