Are Koss KSC-75 still the best cheap running headphones?
Jun 5, 2013 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

oregon

100+ Head-Fier
I had a pair of Koss KSC-75 but I lost them somehow. They were great for running and pretty fun to listen to otherwise.

I think I might buy another pair but...

Does anyone think there are better choices?

Low cost is more important than sound quality and they should be durable.

Jun 5, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #2 of 11
Koss has a whole new series of exercise headphones and earphones. Have a look at those, they have been tweeting about them for weeks now. :D

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk 2

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 11
Sorry my bad...

It's not Koss at all, it's Polk that has new Ultra Fit headphones, a friend (Non Audiophile but he has a set of Grado's) picked up a pair of these and loves them for the gym.

Android
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/ultrafit2000a

iDevice
http://www.polkaudio.com/products/ultrafit2000

Now going back through the tweets, The Koss Fit series are only for women... 
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #6 of 11
The JVC's would not stay on your head while running though...

Jun 6, 2013 at 7:10 AM Post #8 of 11
i believe the ksc75 are poor wires like the portapro and no stress relief.

meelectronics make the sport fi-s6, comes with a ton of tips, case, armband, memory foam wire for your ears. can usually be had for $20. these are perfect for exercise.

$23 on amazon right now but you may even be able to find them for less

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-Headphone-Armband-iPhones-Smartphones/dp/B007IL4ROE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370516916&sr=8-1&keywords=meelectronics+sport+fi

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #9 of 11
I just ordered AKG K420. I read that they are very good inexpensive headphones for portable use but are they suitable for running? Will they stay on or do they tend to drop off? And are the pads changeable? I suspect that prolonged exposure to sweat might damage them. In hindsight I should have thought this before I made the order...

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #10 of 11
I've used Koss KSC75 headphones for running for several years. I picked up the Polk Ultrafit 2000 in search of something that wouldn't slip off my ears the way the KSC75s do. The Polks fit well, but the sound isn't nearly as good as the KSC75. Less detail in the treble, or less "bright" sounding to my untrained ears. I'll be sending them back and probably getting a fresh set of KSC75s.

Aug 8, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #11 of 11
I just ordered AKG K420. I read that they are very good inexpensive headphones for portable use but are they suitable for running? Will they stay on or do they tend to drop off? And are the pads changeable? I suspect that prolonged exposure to sweat might damage them. In hindsight I should have thought this before I made the order...

Now after almost two months of running with AKG K420 I'm very pleased with them. They stay on my head tightly. I use them over a cap. The sound is very good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back